• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing cheese fondue because it's easy and delicious. Wife is making some sorta dessert.

We did cheese fondue and crab dip last night because I leave tomorrow on a business trip and today is my son's birthday.

Dash seems like someone who has sent an evite for an event with "Galentines" in the name.

Sorry I ain’t got no money
I’m not trying to be funny but I left it all at home today
You can call me what you wanna I ain’t giving you a dollar
This time I ain’t gonna run away

We probably won't do anything beyond exchanging gifts tomorrow (though I made brownies and put some in Matt's car and one in E's lunch as a surprise).
We usually do one joint Valentine's/my birthday fancy date dinner in Feb.
I got him a taste Carolina gift card this year. http://www.tastecarolina.net/
I think it's totally something we'll love doing and since we can use it in any of their cities, on any weekend, it's flexible, which is great for us.

We don't do valentines day; just another tuesday in the LCD house.

Does Nabokov count? If so Lolita is my #1. If not, Brothers Karamazov.

Next 9 in rough order

War and Peace
Crime and Punishment
Gulag Archipelago
Notes from Undergound (kind of a novella but still awesome)
Eugene Onegin
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Dead Souls
Fathers and Sons
The Gambler

I have Master and Margarita up next after Dune. I really like Chekhov too for shorter stuff.

It's really good food. Weird space. Like a spaceship.

Anything in particular you'd recommend?

They seem really proud of their space since they give tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next 9 in rough order

War and Peace
Crime and Punishment
Gulag Archipelago
Eugene Onegin
Dead Souls
Fathers and Sons
The Gambler

I have Master and Margarita up next after Dune. I really like Chekhov too for shorter stuff.

Awesome thanks

Next 9 in rough order

War and Peace
Crime and Punishment
Gulag Archipelago
Eugene Onegin
Dead Souls
Fathers and Sons
The Gambler

I read C&P and Notes during a less happy time in my life and they kinda fucked with me. Read Lolita while living and working at an orphanage. Whoo boy.

Anything in particular you'd recommend?

They seem really proud of their space since they give tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their dim sum is awesome

I've only been twice and I got crispy duck and a fish dish and they were both really good

I never get banh mi because if a place has it that means they have pho and I will always prefer pho to banh mi. Also I don't love pickled veggies. SUE ME.

SEE YOU IN COURT

What's everyone doing for tomorrow?

Watch a must win basketball game. Wife and I think Valentine's Day is horseshit.

The prose is beautiful and the mindfuck is part of the appeal, how damn clever the whole thing is. Also forces you to consider how young we sexualize girls. You just gotta be in the right headspace for it.

The prose is beautiful and the mindfuck is part of the appeal, how damn clever the whole thing is. Also forces you to consider how young we sexualize girls. You just gotta be in the right headspace for it.

I'll probably pass.

I'm in China on business for Valentine's so I sent chocolate-covered strawberries to my wife at her workplace. She snuck candy and a card into my suitcase... My wife only works part-time ('cause we live in Cary) but she happens to work on Tuesdays.

What does living in Cary have to do with your wife working part time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back