• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, semi-topical, but the Met is doing Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin during their season this year, I think in late March -- it will probably be one of those broadcast in movie theaters, so if opera is your thing and you want a little taste of that, it follows closely the Pushkin.

Tchaikovsky’s many moods—tender, grand, melancholy—are all given free rein in Eugene Onegin. The opera is based on Pushkin’s iconic verse novel, which re-imagines the Byronic romantic anti-hero as the definitive bored Russian aristocrat caught between convention and ennui; Tchaikovsky, similarly, took Western European operatic forms and transformed them into an authentic and undeniably Russian work. At the core of the opera is the young girl Tatiana, who grows from a sentimental adolescent into a complete woman in one of the operatic stage’s most convincing character developments.

http://www.metopera.org/season/2016-17-season/eugene-onegin-tchaikovsky-tickets/

I filed my taxes yesterday (my highest earning hour of the year). I was surprised to see how relatively small the impact of owning a house was. I guess my mortgage isn't oppressive enough?

A few years ago before tent guy was "tent guy" I remember mentioning to him that I was sorta looking forward to seeing how the mortgage interest and whatnot impacted my taxes, and he cautioned me that it wasn't much (especially in my first year where I had 8 months of ownership only). Relatively inexpensive homes in Winston and very low interest rates mean I barely bump above the standard deduction. #poors

any more bad dreams leebs? i guess it's still nighttime there, we'll find out eventually.

I had the start of a bad dream, then had a really lucid experience during it and said "Hey, I don't want this experience - you need to cut that out" (talking to people who were trying to carjack me).
There were still some other really bizarre things that happened, but I feel like I kept the truly traumatic experience at bay so that's kinda nice. Or something.

I filed my taxes yesterday (my highest earning hour of the year). I was surprised to see how relatively small the impact of owning a house was. I guess my mortgage isn't oppressive enough?
The mortgage interest deduction is overhyped imo

my wife who is big time into singin swears the frontman of Cake isn't technically a singer. my friend (groom from my above post) and I never thought about it that way that he doesn't sing but still feel like the frontman of a band is still a singer.

Bump. He does sing (versus the typical monotone) occasionally. See this chorus (and a little bit of the preceding verses):

The mortgage interest deduction is overhyped imo

Absolutely. I thought I was going to get a $Buckets refund based on buying a house alone. So many people told me I would.

Instead, I got a $Buckets refund for having a kid and stowing too much away throughout the year.

I don't think Palma ever cracks and lashes out when his faux persona is exposed. In his heart he accepts and knows what he really is, and how most of the world sees him.

I don't understand what any of this means, I'm just glad I don't get a sneaky no lifer tag.

AT FIRST I WAS AFRAID. I. WAS. PET. RIFIED.

what about marriage? legit credit or naw?

Bump. He does sing (versus the typical monotone) occasionally. See this chorus (and a little bit of the preceding verses):

yeah...the song The Distance was on the radio when we were all in the car and that's where it came up as he really doesn't sing in that song. He sings a bit in I Will Survive. I think I played Never There as evidence of him siging and she said it was slight.

another talk-singer, though I think the Cake singer talks more overall than Malkmus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back