• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Hispanics are in your class? Are you a white school or an illegal school?

65-70% hispanic school. About half of my students aren't here in first period. Which is cool, most of them told me yesterday they weren't going. As someone who preaches that the most important thing they will learn this year is their individual rights, I'm all for them exercising the first amendment. They just have to take the test tomorrow instead.

Nah it was a Campus Action Team meeting. We had like 10 goals at the beginning of the year, and one was to attend more intensive professional development and implement those strategies.

I attended a Rockin' Review! PD last week and used an activity I learned there for test review yesterday.

uh oh. never a good sign when the team that you set goals with early in the year "slims" you off the team. watch your back.

What part of the Bible is the most unbelievable?

Just read something on how many Christians in America believe Noah's Ark was an actual historical event and that got me thinking.

Just read something on how many Christians in America believe Noah's Ark was an actual historical event and that got me thinking.

A woman being turned into salt. Or water into wine.

Any of the magical elements that people seem to accept at face value.

I got 16 free bagels last April and did 20 free bagels in November. I am all about that free bagel month. And I never, not once spent a dime on cream cheese, coffee, etc. haha, got you Panera.

Ha. Yeah, every time they tried to upsell me I was like, nope, just the plain bagel please.

The amount of mental gymnastics you need to do to take things as is in the Bible makes it a borderline psychological disease.

I got 16 free bagels last April and did 20 free bagels in November. I am all about that free bagel month. And I never, not once spent a dime on cream cheese, coffee, etc. haha, got you Panera.

I had free bagels in December too, and went once, but I bought another bagel to go with my free bagel. Definitely fell victim to their ploy. It's not really worth it for me to make a special trip for such a cheap free thing, even though there's a Panera in the shopping center with my grocery store. It's all the way on the other end of the center though and I'm lazy.

that seems plausible when you compare it some of those old testament guys living 1000 years

While I appreciate that many of you are never going to believe that any of that happened, please keep in mind that Christians believe in an all-powerful God who created the universe from nothing and also created life from nothing. If you believe that everything in the universe was created by God, it's not very hard to accept that he could also turn water into wine or raise the dead.

While I appreciate that many of you are never going to believe that any of that happened, please keep in mind that Christians believe in an all-powerful God who created the universe from nothing and also created life from nothing. If you believe that everything in the universe was created by God, it's not very hard to accept that he could also turn water into wine or raise the dead.

And most kids believe in Santa Claus. What's your point?

Yeah I mean the whole man in the sky is pretty implausible too, good one Diggler.

Yeah I mean the whole man in the sky is pretty implausible too, good one Diggler.

But the idea that stuff was just floating around and made a big bang for some reason comes from a genesis of nothing as well.

my point is that I find all of that hard to believe as well, but since there is no reasonable explanation for how the universe came to exist outside of a creator, I have to believe that someone created it. If I'm willing to believe that, why is it such a stretch to believe the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back