• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The department I'm coming into is in greater turmoil than I thought and really the company as a whole (which is young but not that young) should have more direction and oversight - seems like the wild west with people just doing whatever the hell they want without getting approval. Long term solvency is a concern. It was a lateral move since I was starting to get bored at my old company, but they had plenty of money and it was easy and I never worried about it. I guess I wanted a new challenge, but not necessarily one of this type where I can already see it's going to be constantly putting out fires and doing work that I wasn't hired to do.

Lol I thought you were referring to Currie entering the apparently insolvent dumpster fire of Wake athletics.

My brother in law left a job after two days.

I probably should have. Already inquired at the place I left and they've identified a candidate who they are gonna offer. If I had reached out after two days like I knew I should have I might have been able to go back.

Lame duck coach for 12 months is such a bad look.

Hard to imagine how boring next season is going to be. At least we'll be in the running for the #1 pick though.

(note: I still think he's getting fired this week)

Hard to imagine how boring next season is going to be. At least we'll be in the running for the #1 pick though.

(note: I still think he's getting fired this week)

The crazy thing is that he was basically a dead man walking after the mass exodus last year. He’s essentially been a lame duck all year.

I've already gone on record saying that if everyone returns I think they'll be a bubble team next year. That's a pretty big "if" though. and the cupboard will likely be very bare after next year either way.

Get ready to talk for twenty minutes, answer implicitly hostile or self-interested questions for ten minutes, and then drink and hang with your future best friends for three days in a (hopefully) cool city. Conferences are the best.

This.

What are the evils of 2K?

I've already gone on record saying that if everyone returns I think they'll be a bubble team next year. That's a pretty big "if" though. and the cupboard will likely be very bare after next year either way.

I could see us as a bubble team next year with a new coach. If Manning comes back, I think the whole situation will be so tense and negative, I wouldn’t expect it to look much different than this season.

No way the team stays in tact if Manning stays.

How do you figure? We were a bubble team with John Collins. I doubt Hoard stays.

there's more discussion of the coaching situation on the chat thread than the sports board

there's more discussion of the coaching situation on the chat thread than the sports board

It’s easy to discuss things when you aren’t just trying to see who can shout into the void the loudest about how they were personally attacked by hiring shitty coaches.

Best part will be if they announce he’s coming back all the people who must post their own threads because their takes are too good to be constrained to some general thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back