• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is even the realistic ceiling for the Wake bball program right now? Going a game or 2 above .500 in the ACC and an 9/10 seed in the NCAAT?

I was as excited as anyone about the NCAAT bid in 2017, but we just squeaked in off the bubble. In his worst years, Dave Odom's teams were all bubble teams. The floor was the NIT. That is now our ceiling and our floor is losing 20 games.

Wellman really did completely destroy this program with the Redacted hire and now this. 10 years of Redacted and Manning. 10 fucking years. Unbelievable.

What is even the realistic ceiling for the Wake bball program right now? Going a game or 2 above .500 in the ACC and an 9/10 seed in the NCAAT?

I was as excited as anyone about the NCAAT bid in 2017, but we just squeaked in off the bubble. In his worst years, Dave Odom's teams were all bubble teams. The floor was the NIT. That is now our ceiling and our floor is losing 20 games.

Wellman really did completely destroy this program with the Redacted hire and now this. 10 years of Redacted and Manning. 10 fucking years. Unbelievable.

it's just one of the most perplexing things I've ever come across. not even an NIT bid.

Overpriced, lack of any real culture, empty suits everywhere, sports suck.

Wake is just a shitty, shitty place these days. Definitely on the Biff train with my views on Wake.

I more or less grew up on campus, tons of family friends are profs or in admin, went to school there, worked in admin and AD when I was a student, two alum parents...but yeah, it is awful.

Last edited:
ha and hoard announces he's leaving for the draft

dude is not getting drafted after he was a top 30 recruit

Guess they'll need to use the edit function for that press release.

suppose if he hasn't hired an agent he can return, so it's not a declaration yet, but bryant and doral did the same last year and then declared

suppose if he hasn't hired an agent he can return, so it's not a declaration yet, but bryant and doral did the same last year and then declared

I can only think of Big E recently who came back from testing the waters. I’m sure I’m missing someone else, but it seems like it’s practically a formality. I expect a few transfers to follow if Hoard stays in.

Hoard was never gonna stay more than two years, so it's pretty much a no-brainer, especially with the more favorable rules

I'll be curious to see if he gets invited to the combine

Yeah, I think he's gone. He's old for his year and can get paid in France/Europe, if not in the US.

I tend to think of myself as a pretty level-headed, genuine poster. I do like to troll people when they try to use big words they don't understand. I dislike negativity, especially unfounded negativity. Lots of times RJ annoys me even though he's a fine human being at heart. I have long had poster-crushes on SayHey and Biff, though Biff has sucked bigly this year. I'd like to be friends with Chupe and Kory in real life. I'm disappointed in wsc and Frosty who I generally think are thoughtful, smart posters but they lose it when it comes to Wake stuff. Ayo is an elitist moron who thinks he's smarter than he is. Racer is a miserable fuck who frames his misery as (several kinds of) superiority. I used to hate LK but he's toned it down a lot as mod. I despise DV7 on the boards and genuinely like him in real life. I kinda can't stand the M&M bros even though I'm sympathetic to their politics. I love how lectro thinks he's an unappreciated, autodidactical genius, but the truth is he is crazy jealous of all the formally educated wake alumni. Townie always annoyed me on the boards but he's one of my very best and oldest friends in real life. Avalon intrigues the shit out of me. I really like the guy, but I do think NewEnglandDeac will vote for a Republican next chance he can justify. I come to these boards because I genuinely love Wake Forest, I've grown to love many of you, and I love talking about wake stuff with people who love wake for a variety of weird, interesting, perfectly normal reasons. Airport drinking is dangerous. fuck duke. Go Deacs.

man i didn't even get a mention here

also i think avalon is a lady

i decided to send wellman an email earlier today that wasn't really about manning

the subject line was "WFU basketball program and, yeah, that billboard I helped put up"

i assume he will never read it or reply to it

i just wanted to explain where i was coming from when the billboard went up, how his department's reaction to it personally affected me, and why i can't imagine doing anything like that again in 2019, because of the apathy that's set in over the past 6 years

Last edited:
oh, the "FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN" thread was pinned

that seems like a reasonable thing to do, sure

When I win powerballl I’ll have a good time coming up with torturous ways for Wake to get some donations. Like $5 million to the basketball program but in pennies and Wellman has to be the one to pick them up off the floor or no deal.

That Q&A is so pathetic. They chose the number one question to be about the buyout and then said they don’t talk about buyouts. The answers about why they have confidence in Danny don’t mention him at all. Danny said he would be surprised if any of the payers would look elsewhere and then in the next question announced Hoard will be testing the waters. He can’t name any changes he would make. And then the last question- oof.

The AD really can’t avoid the self sabotage.

Best part of the youth excuse is looking at a team like duke or Kentucky

Best part of the youth excuse is looking at a team like duke or Kentucky

According to Manning you just can’t control what college kids decide. What does a college basketball coach do if not influence macro and micro decision making of college kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back