• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid this post may get lost on the sports board, which would be a tragedy given that it is the most stunningly cold blooded thing I've ever read.

The Deacon Club email the other day has led me to extremes. As a loyal fan and an alumni with lots of family members who are as well I have both thought about and hate my next sentence. I have taken my Deacon Club money and split it in thirds. One third went to the Wolfpack Club, one third to the Iron Duke and with all of the hatred my heart could conjure up, one third to the Rams Club. By giving to the three schools that I absolutely hate, it not only deprives the Wake Forest Athletic Department of my small sum but it also works against them. I never thought I would see the day that this is how I felt.

There was another one where he said he threw a remote and hit his dog. Not really sure why he did that since it’s not like we’re playing a game this time of year.

I mean yeah I'm pissed Manning is coming back, but I'm not scraping decals off my car or anything. Hell, I wore a Wake polo yesterday because I like it.

I already pulled the Deacon Club sticker off the car a long time ago.

what was the deacon club email

it was just this:

yMclkJ.gif

I mean yeah I'm pissed Manning is coming back, but I'm not scraping decals off my car or anything. Hell, I wore a Wake polo yesterday because I like it.

Same. My pride in being a Wake graduate will always outweigh whatever we accomplish athletically. I’m not just going to pretend like I’ve never heard of WF just because Manning sucks as a basketball coach.

Same. My pride in being a Wake graduate will always outweigh whatever we accomplish athletically. I’m not just going to pretend like I’ve never heard of WF just because Manning sucks as a basketball coach.

I can't really put a number on what % of my Wake pride/appreciation/love comes from athletics vs. my experiences (socially, academically, etc) there. Since I grew up a Wake fan from birth, it's probably much higher than most, but it's steadily creeping down.

I can't really put a number on what % of my Wake pride/appreciation/love comes from athletics vs. my experiences (socially, academically, etc) there. Since I grew up a Wake fan from birth, it's probably much higher than most, but it's steadily creeping down.

Almost none of my wake pride/appreciation comes from athletics, and I've got like 50,000 posts on the athletic message boards. We haven't won anything in 20 years, so I'm not sure how it can.

This is where Rafi will chime in to let you know we won in some sport you don’t give a shit about, and you’re the king of weird “sports”

It’s kinda crazy that The Village, a movie with Adrien Brody, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, Sigorney Weaver, Bryce Dallas Howard, Brendan Gleason, Judy Greer, Michael Pitt, and Jesse Eisenberg sucks so much. Two Oscar Winners and a million nominations.

There’s a young couple who watches our dogs when we are away. My wife texted me that the woman told her last minute that they had to go a hockey game tonight and they’ll drop the dogs off tomorrow. So I’m thinking good for them. They have Lightning tickets.

Then my wife added that the guy had to play goalie tonight. So I’m thinking it’s cool he has to play for his rec league team or something.

Then I talked to my wife and she said the dude is the emergency backup goaltender for the Lightning tonight. I explained to her how cool that is and she shouldn’t feel bad at all that she couldn’t get the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back