• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep waiting for my aunt to offer me up her cottage on the Cape just for being a good nephew and maybe I can just get a job at Market Basket or something and live for free and chill.

What do you want to do? Beach? Bars? Food? Hike?

Any and all. Just enjoy America for a bit before we go. Its a good chance to tackle somewhere we haven't really explored so maybe CA, Arizona would probably be too hot. Preferably somewhere with some outdoor activities I don't think we could handle a city for a week. So like Asheville or Colorado for some hiking or Key West for the weather or Nantucket for the beaches. Just trying to think outside the box, like maybe Jackson Hole.

Wife and I went to Colorado last summer for a week. We did Denver and Boulder as base camp, and hiked a lot in Rocky Mountain National Park. Pretty awesome trip, easy to fly into and rent cars and be in lots of amazing places.

My favorite east coach beach town is good old Ocracoke, NC. Hard to get to, not a lot of shit to do. Just ride bikes around the island, eat ice cream, fish, drink beer, rent a cool bungalow.

I like the Maine suggestion too. Acadia, Portland, some small beach towns.

My aunt's special guy friend owned this hotel for a while, not too far from Yellowstone. I've never been, but there's good hiking/outdoors things. No idea where one would fly into, though. They have flown into Salt Lake a couple of times, but I think the closest relatively accessible airport is Billings or Bozeman. I've always wanted to go -- might be a bit remote. Colorado sounds like a good idea.

https://www.thepollardhotel.com/

The Maine/New England suggestion is good too, I agree.

Bar Harbor is the small lil spot in Maine - go hike in Acadia and chill

did that over winter break and was very peaceful

watch out for the cluster flies alas and that time of year is bad

well now i'm xtra glad we went when there was snow on the ground.

Yeah, the flies are gone by the end of June. Bar Harbor is awesome. Southwest Harbor is great too if you want something quieter.

I've never been to Acadia in the wintertime. I would think it would be cold as shit though.

Bar Harbor is amazing, but I bet it gets ridiculous in the middle of the summer. I spent a few weeks there over a couple of summers back in the early 90s and their line then was how population, like, doubled every summer. Sweet little town back then, though, I loved it. Great old movie theater where I saw Hot Shots part Deux. Or maybe it was the first Hot Shots. One of the Hot Shots movies, anyway. I remember a cool little hot dog shack, too. Man, good times and great oldies.

Sand Beach, which actually has no sand. Or something. Maybe that was just another line. It looks like sand, but it's not actually sand. It's a trick.

I've somehow never been to PTown. I spend a lot of time on the Cape, too, just never gotten that far. Maybe I'll take a mental health break some time this summer and drive up to my aunt's and just chill.

I have been that far.

I have also been to Montauk.

Have also been to Key West, but not Dry Tortugas.

since I haven't been to any of these places, Cape Cod, Nantucket, the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, etc. are all the same place in my head

Resuscitation of a Hanged Man made me want to check out Provincetown

I need to read more.

Has anyone ever just stopped reading, like, lost the ability? Is it my smart phone ruining my brain? How do you get it back, just power through something? I cannot hook into anything.

my reading ability has gotten way worse -- I always jump to the end of the paragraph and can't read as long as I used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back