• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
aside from basketball hires, the knock on Wellman has mostly been that he's arrogant and always fancied himself the smartest guy in the room

you can get away with that if you don't have back-to-back hires like bz and Manning

I think a bit of humility would have gone a long way for his legacy in light of the last ten years of basketball

Well put

article on The Athletic about college basketball in NC -- 16 out of the 18 D1 schools have made the NCAAT

can you name the two that haven't?

I mean, it's Wake sports, so there's probably more of a danger of us just dropping off a cliff into total obscurity than maybe we/I appreciate, and that didn't happen, so cool. But I think a lot of what he accomplished wasn't really all that special, and there have been a number of people who are far more invested in the AD than I am that have had questions about his leadership for, like, that last 15 years. Grobe and Prosser, understandably, bought him a lot of good will, but I think there was as much dumb luck in that as vision or strategy.

Anyway, fuck him :cool:

Nah, he's fine, and he'll be fine and enjoy the most boring retirement ever, and all the best to him, I don't really care all that much anymore. We were like 8-10 years overdue for this kind of change, though.

I bought this calm-aid supplement my stepsister-in-law told me about and it has really chilled me out, thankfully, but now I am burping lavender. Could be worse.

Wellman’s biggest mistake was firing Dino one year too early. I genuinely think he thought he could have hired Stephens. IIRC, we fired Dino at the start of that miracle run for Butler. Had they lost the opening weekend, who knows what happens. Dino no question fails in what was Bz’s first year then we are better poised to make a better hire.

What happens first, the Mueller report gets released or Manning gets fired?

(I am bringing all the boards together on this one)

Wellman’s biggest mistake was firing Dino one year too early. I genuinely think he thought he could have hired Stephens. IIRC, we fired Dino at the start of that miracle run for Butler. Had they lost the opening weekend, who knows what happens. Dino no question fails in what was Bz’s first year then we are better poised to make a better hire.

Nah, biggest mistake was fucking SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA !

I’ve never been one to cut back from donating to the Deacon Club based on performance, but my wife and I also donate to a scholarship fund for first generation students at UF that made it possible for her to attend.

It’s going to be pretty tough justifying not just shifting my deacon club money to that scholarship if Danny is retained.

s-l300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back