• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please. Shoot it right into my veins.

vdjzex.jpg

sometimes I can't believe the extent password security has gone way overboard. What is this sorcery?

"•It is too similar to your old password. Your new password must contain no more than 2 identical and consecutive characters in any position from your old password. "

Oh just go fuck yourself

"
The password entered must be different from the eight previous passwords entered. Please select another password. "

Really?

"•It begins or ends with a number. Your new password must contain a letter or special character in the first and last positions. Special characters include ! @ $ % * ( ) < > ? : ; { } + - ~ "

also, it's mathematically the case that a longer password, even if it uses just lower case letters, is harder to crack and easier to remember than a shorter one with upper case letters and numbers and symbols, and yet that is rarely an option when creating a new one

It's a ploy from Big IT Help Desk to require passwords in that format so you'll be forced to call them to reset your forgotten password.

Isn't RDU way more central?

Geographically ? Siler City is the geographic center of the state. Based on my Google Earth measurements, CNCI is two miles closer to Siler City than RDU (via straight line measurement).

From a practical standpoint, people in Siler City probably fly out of RDU if they aren't looking to change planes a half hour later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back