• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember taking some test in a psych class (interpersonal?) at Wake that basically confirmed that everyone is implicitly racist to some extent. It was a bummer/eye opener.

Something to do with having to quickly click to determine if a situation/person was dangerous or not. Implicit Association Testing I believe.

I remember taking some test in a psych class (interpersonal?) at Wake that basically confirmed that everyone is implicitly racist to some extent. It was a bummer/eye opener.

Something to do with having to quickly click to determine if a situation/person was dangerous or not. Implicit Association Testing I believe.

There's a difference though between implicit bias and flat out telling a pollster that you have an unfavorable opinion of Oprah.

The new caramel M&Ms are LEGIT y'all.

prd.jpg

Luke Skywalker: Look, I'm sure it's delicious. I just don't understand why we can't see Yoda now!
Yoda: [cheerfully] Patience! For the Jedi it is time to eat as well. Eat. [Laughs] eat. Hot. Good food, hmm? Good, hmm?
Luke Skywalker: How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?
Yoda: Not far. Yoda not far. Patience. Soon you will be with him. Root leaf, I cook. Why wish you become Jedi?
Luke Skywalker: Well, mostly because of my father, I guess.
Yoda: Oh, father! Powerful Jedi was he. Powerful Jedi.
Luke Skywalker: Oh, come on! How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!
Yoda: [sighs, looks upward] I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: [voice emanates from nowhere] He will learn patience.
Yoda: Much anger in him, like his father.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Was I any different when you taught me?
Yoda: He is not ready!
Luke Skywalker: Yoda? I am ready! I— Ben, I can be a Jedi! Ben tell him I'm rea— [bangs his head on the low ceiling] Ow!
Yoda: [to Luke] Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away to the future, the horizon. Never his mind on where he was [pokes Luke]. Hmm? What he was doing. [paces around] Adventure. Heh! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things. [turns to Luke and points with his walking stick] You are reckless!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: So was I, if you remember.
Yoda: [still looking at Luke] He is too old. Yes. Too old to begin the training.
Luke Skywalker: But I've learned so much.
Yoda: [looking toward the sky] Will he finish what he begins?
Luke Skywalker: I won't fail you! I'm not afraid.
Yoda: [grimly] Oh! You will be. You will be.

Just got a nice positive reputation notification from JH. He must be lurking in the shadows 'round here somewhere.

was it just my feed last night or was the Kendrick audio-visual way off and his lip syncing pretty obvious?

Twas quite obvious.

But from all of the hip hop shows I've been to, I'd much rather they lip sync... It's usually unintelligible when they don't. I've only seen a few good hip hop shows live.

Just saw a poll that Oprah has a 58% favorable / 35% unfavorable rating. Why would someone have an unfavorable view of Oprah? I mean, I generally don't care about Oprah, certainly don't have a strong opinion either way, but if a pollster asked me, I guess I would be favorable. I have no reason to DISLIKE Oprah. Who are the 35%?

Learned my MIL is part of that 35% during Xgiving. Reason: Oprah is a racist.
She's a Trump voter

Just saw a poll that Oprah has a 58% favorable / 35% unfavorable rating. Why would someone have an unfavorable view of Oprah? I mean, I generally don't care about Oprah, certainly don't have a strong opinion either way, but if a pollster asked me, I guess I would be favorable. I have no reason to DISLIKE Oprah. Who are the 35%?

I don't think I'd say I'm "unfavorable" on Oprah, but I'm probably a lean. Certainly not "favorable." Since 58+35=93%, I guess I'm one of the other 7%? Or is that 7% just people who don't know who Oprah is?

the "guitardeac votes for friend" tag on the Oprah tunnels thread is wonderful

Why do you hate Oprah?

I don't hate her... She's just always been kind of a champion of pseudo-science and her omnipresence is annoying. I don't think of her as political at all... though, I'm pretty sure that'd be a disaster.

She certainly has a great story and has been very giving with her wealth. So that's nice.

Father:

Townie can you hear me?
Can you feel me near you?

Mother:

Townie can you see me?
Can I help to cheer you.

Mother & Father:

Oooo, Townie, Townie, Townie, Townie

Father:

Townie can you hear me?

Mother:

Townie can you see me?
Can I help to cheer you.

Mother & Father:

Father:

Townie can you hear me?

Mother:

Townie can you see me?
Can I help to cheer you.

Mother & Father:

Townie, Townie, Townie, Townie
Townie, Townie, Townie, Townie, Townie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back