• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first "Fuck you, faggot" from a homeless guy asking for money yesterday. Never heard that one before.

The hard faggot drop seems to be coming back these days. Surprising. Although, whenever I hear it now I just think about the South Park episode usage and have zero thoughts of a derogatory gay term at all.

On an unrelated note, I'm on a huge pho kick. I could eat it once a day in the winter/whenever I feel a little sick. Oddly enough, Charlotte has a bunch of Vietnamese places too.

Are you asking legally what the "qualifications" are, or what I believe "excellent qualifications" are to become President? Those are obviously completely different answers.

Certainly I would categorize governing, legislating, or political experience of any kind into a "basic" qualification of being a good President, but is not necessary to run for the office obviously (since anybody over 35 can).

As for part A I would say first and forefront, expansive networking with other politicians and experience gained through actually being in Congress, a Governor, a House of Reps member. A political science degree, or a pretty in-depth knowledge of the USA and its political history would also be pretty key.

What about Oprah makes you think that she would make a good President or has the background experience/knowledge to navigate through the world of a POTUS?

I'm not here to defend Oprah the Candidate, just curious as to why people are so attached to the idea of career politicians. Frankly, I think executive experience is pretty analogous between sectors though a politician will be used to dealing with layers of bureaucrats not falling in line. If you like a powerful Executive Branch, you're probably better off with a career politician like LBJ or Roosevelt. If you're more interested in shifting power back to Congress, maybe you'd want something else.

I got my first "Fuck you, faggot" from a homeless guy asking for money yesterday. Never heard that one before.

Wow. That was standard fare in the 80s and 90s. Pretty amazing that a slur has pretty much disappeared. It was jarring to hear it in Stranger Things 2 although it was very appropriate for the time period.

A week - no kids, just me and my wife. Looking for restaurants, or good experiences with anything whether its touristy or non-touristy. We did Maui three years ago and felt like we did a good amount of the stuff to do there - did the road to Hana drive, visited haleakala crater and national park, snorkeled and saw whales and dolphins, etc.

The one thing we've got set already is a helicopter ride to see the volcano

Along those lines, any Cabo recs? Leaving tomorrow. Staying in Pedregal.

Also, am sick with what is supposedly a virus, which should make 8 hours of travel a blast. Apparently Mexican pharmacies will just sell you whatever you want, prescription or otherwise. Perhaps I'll stock up on Z-packs.

The hard faggot drop seems to be coming back these days. Surprising. Although, whenever I hear it now I just think about the South Park episode usage and have zero thoughts of a derogatory gay term at all.

On an unrelated note, I'm on a huge pho kick. I could eat it once a day in the winter/whenever I feel a little sick. Oddly enough, Charlotte has a bunch of Vietnamese places too.

if you want to confuse him, just try the retort, "Why are you calling me a bunch of sticks?

Definition 2 for "faggot" This is also the much, much older definition.

2.a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel.

Along those lines, any Cabo recs? Leaving tomorrow. Staying in Pedregal.

Also, am sick with what is supposedly a virus, which should make 8 hours of travel a blast. Apparently Mexican pharmacies will just sell you whatever you want, prescription or otherwise. Perhaps I'll stock up on Z-packs.

Make reservations to eat at The Office one night.

Seriously, they look like twin erection killers

Accuser 1

la-1515611793-fvzzv64rtg-snap-image

Accuser 2

photo-of-sarah-tither-kaplannbsp.png

I wish the Deacs were better at basketball.

Me too.

I remember thinking the day before the KSU/WFU NCAA play-in game that we may have reached "peak Manning" in terms of fanbase satisfaction. At the time, I shrugged my inner monologue off as being overly negative.

However, it has been a quick and steady decline since then, with only a couple of "good days" (Hoard & Mucius committing, for example) to break up the circling of the drain.

Next season is going to supremely important.

But yeah, shitty Wake Forest basketball makes this time of year tough... Thankfully, we have the NFL playoffs this weekend.

Well, one is a model so that look is cultivated fairly specifically for the photo. The other is an average unedited self pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back