• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
HardtofindExhaustedConch-max-1mb.gif

Biff is probably died.

He does this whenever he has to face anything troubling in his life.

I don't hate Oprah, but I want somebody with political experience to be the President, apparently that is too much to ask?

If she wants to get involved then she should run for a House or local seat and then go from there. I think people vastly underestimate the intelligence and knowledge needed to be an effective world leader.

I don't hate Oprah, but I want somebody with political experience to be the President, apparently that is too much to ask?

If she wants to get involved then she should run for a House or local seat and then go from there. I think people vastly underestimate the intelligence and knowledge needed to be an effective world leader.

Yeah Seth MacFarlane had a good tweet about it this morning. We should look for people who have dedicated their lives to being public servants, not Tom Hanks.

It's honestly odd that this conversation needs to take place.

Also, the comparison of "well she'd be better than Trump" is just dumb too. He is an awful litmus test for really any job, much less the President of the United States.

While I don't think it's a 100% apt comparison, nobody out there is hiring a surgeon who isn't a qualified, educated surgeon, so the idea that we should "hire" a President who isn't a politician is just really dumb too.

Biff is probably died.

He does this whenever he has to face anything troubling in his life.

I imagine Biff had about a dozen brews up to overtime and then about two dozen after. He will resurface assuming his wife did not make him drive back to Charlotte and he got to sleep it off yesterday.

Ain't talking about whether Oprah should be POTUS. This is just talking about whether you view Oprah favorably or unfavorably. I'm still confused why someone would have an unfavorable opinion of Oprah. At worst I would think it would be neutral.

Also, the comparison of "well she'd be better than Trump" is just dumb too. He is an awful litmus test for really any job, much less the President of the United States.

While I don't think it's a 100% apt comparison, nobody out there is hiring a surgeon who isn't a qualified, educated surgeon, so the idea that we should "hire" a President who isn't a politician is just really dumb too.

A) what are the metrics of a 'good [expert] politician'
B) what are the qualifications to be president?

Ain't talking about whether Oprah should be POTUS. This is just talking about whether you view Oprah favorably or unfavorably. I'm still confused why someone would have an unfavorable opinion of Oprah. At worst I would think it would be neutral.

I am neutral. Her whole: "You get $100, you get $100, I get $1Billion," wears thin. But, boot straps and all, so neutral.

A) what are the metrics of a 'good [expert] politician'
B) what are the qualifications to be president?

Are you asking legally what the "qualifications" are, or what I believe "excellent qualifications" are to become President? Those are obviously completely different answers.

Certainly I would categorize governing, legislating, or political experience of any kind into a "basic" qualification of being a good President, but is not necessary to run for the office obviously (since anybody over 35 can).

As for part A I would say first and forefront, expansive networking with other politicians and experience gained through actually being in Congress, a Governor, a House of Reps member. A political science degree, or a pretty in-depth knowledge of the USA and its political history would also be pretty key.

What about Oprah makes you think that she would make a good President or has the background experience/knowledge to navigate through the world of a POTUS?

Last edited:
Oprah's influence and actions have been misguided several times but I never found her to be schtick-y or a big phony. :noidea:

what does this mean

Corporate Sponsors give gifts at her TV show that she then gives away and acts like it is from her pocket. The unwashed masses think she is some saint for giving things away. Meanwhile, she makes $1B. But she is self made, so I cant hate the player. So, I am neutral on her.

I got my first "Fuck you, faggot" from a homeless guy asking for money yesterday. Never heard that one before.

Saw a dude with a nazi tattoo on his hand today on the bus. Good life choices, guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back