• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was the trapper keeper i had:

s-l300.jpg

#memories

i had a p sweet Marine Corps jet poster and maybe a Pink Floyd thing i dunno

can't remember but it was either that one or the Animals cover because that's my fav PF album.

My Middle/High School bedroom walls were 1/3 athletes (mostly Toronto Blue Jays and Michael Jordan), 1/3 Beastie Boys (& hip-hop), 1/3 SI & Sport Magazine swimsuit issue pages torn out crudely and taped up.

Honestly, my bedroom walls now would be pretty similar if my wife were cooler.

"Keep that shit in the basement!" Yeah, well fuck you, too! (I say under my breath as I carry my pictures my pictures carefully down to the basement)

I had a poster of the 1996 US Women's National Soccer team, as well as another poster of Mia Hamm.
My trapper keeper had a lot of different-colored geometric shapes on it, and it was awesome.

I had a p cool poster with a bunch of NBA DUNKS all in one, C-Webb and T-Mac and Duncan were all on there, couple others too... I imagine Vince was somewhere on there

I had some shitty plaque I must've gotten from a state fair or something with a picture of Manny Ramirez hittin' a tater. I think it had a baseball card in it too.

When I was in HS, for Christmas one year my parents got me a framed autographed picture of Vinatieri hitting the Snow Bowl FG, which is pretty cool. They also got me a signed picture of former Patriots special teamer Matt Chatham for some reason.

Last edited:
As a kid I was really into those shitty NFL helmets you could get for a quarter in the machines outside supermarkets. I had them all set up on my dresser and every Sunday I would put the Pats helmet and the helmet of whoever we were playing in front of the TV, like they did in front of the broadcast pregame show sets.

I was a fuckin' dork, basically

As a kid I was really into those shitty NFL helmets you could get for a quarter in the machines outside supermarkets. I had them all set up on my dresser and every Sunday I would put the Pats helmet and the helmet of whoever we were playing in front of the TV, like they did in front of the broadcast pregame show sets.

I was a fuckin' dork, basically

+1

Back then I cared about the NFL way too much.

A few years ago, my brother in law gave me a baseball that was autographed by Kelly Gruber. I guess he ran into him at a spring training game or something.

Awesome gift... Only about 20-25 years too late. 12 year old me would have liked it (a lot). Mid-30s me was like, "What in the fuck do I do with this thing?"

wait, so it wasn't like a weirdly obscure signing event? He just ran into, and recognized in passing, Kelly Gruber? wat?

wait, so it wasn't like a weirdly obscure signing event? He just ran into, and recognized in passing, Kelly Gruber? wat?

My bro-in-law coached high school and travel baseball in the Sarasota area. He also played at FSU. He knows baseball pretty well and lives in a part of the country where it is still pretty important. He also knows I was a big Jays fan in the late 80s / early 90s, so he thought it was cool.

good friend still has this poster and it's always cracked me up with how blase it is. like, can't you find a cooler Barkley play?

barkley93si-1_250x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back