• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImTheJokeKiller

giphy.webp

I just did a negotiation via webchat to lower our cable bill the other day (long time coming and didn't get as low as I would like, but better than nothing). In addition to lowering the bill about $50, our internet is allegedly getting 6x faster, and they're giving us new equipment (both internet and TiVos).

The downside - now I'm trying to burn through the stuff saved on the TiVo before the technician comes Monday morning...and we're gone all weekend!

Its time for my yearly call to Comcast. Apparently their system thinks I have a 2 year contract when I specifically verified that I didn't when I renewed last year. This is going to be fun*.

*Not fun.

Its time for my yearly call to Comcast. Apparently their system thinks I have a 2 year contract when I specifically verified that I didn't when I renewed last year. This is going to be fun*.

*Not fun.

Dealing with them obviously blows but I love my Comcast Xfinity set-up. I've spent time at friends/family houses with Directv, Dish, Time Warner (or whatever it is called now), and FIOS and I would say Comcast is easily the best in terms of features.

Comcast is way superior to Uverse in just about every way, even customer service. I used to have DirecTV and they had (have?) fantastic customer service so was hoping that would rub off on Uverse but that is definitely not the case.

Dealing with them obviously blows but I love my Comcast Xfinity set-up. I've spent time at friends/family houses with Directv, Dish, Time Warner (or whatever it is called now), and FIOS and I would say Comcast is easily the best in terms of features.

For sure. The X1 system is hands down the best system I've ever used.

I just wish they didn't make us all go through this song and dance every year.

yeah the X1 is great, miss that for sure. I had to go through 3 Uverse DVRs within a week of getting it set up because they kept failing.

Comcast customer service sure is maddening, though. Easily the worst I've dealt with.

Related: Ever start typing something to post on these boards and then realize halfway though that there was zero reason for ever posting? But you finish it anyway? This is one of those times.

Not on the chat thread. That post was perfect​ for the chat thread.

Also, what actually happened to biff? I know that townie is properly dead, but what about the ol' dancing DKE himself?

So weird now that when you post two posts on the same thread in succession the boards automatically put them together. Anti-spam feature, I guess. Still, disconcerting and against my first amendment rights to post a lot on different posts.

So weird now that when you post two posts on the same thread in succession the boards automatically put them together. Anti-spam feature, I guess. Still, disconcerting and against my first amendment rights to post a lot on different posts.

Yes... just found this out the other day. Do not like.

Does anyone even want to win here - you'll be saddled with the ignominy of having a lame ass CT around the middle of page one until spring arrives.

we need the last post in a thread contest again.

Comcast customer service sure is maddening, though. Easily the worst I've dealt with.

I'm sure I'll change my mind on this at some point when I have an issue, but I've had Comcast for ~2 years now and it has been great. Have had a couple of service issues, but they were corrected quickly and easily... And I was compensated fairly for them.

AT&T was a fucking nightmare for 3+ years when I first moved to Atlanta. Not only did I have the annual phone call to keep my bill from skyrocketing bullshit, but I got transferred around to multiple people and departments every time I called for something. And the U-verse product sucked compared to Xfinity/X1.

I'm sure I'll change my mind on this at some point when I have an issue, but I've had Comcast for ~2 years now and it has been great. Have had a couple of service issues, but they were corrected quickly and easily... And I was compensated fairly for them.

AT&T was a fucking nightmare for 3+ years when I first moved to Atlanta. Not only did I have the annual phone call to keep my bill from skyrocketing bullshit, but I got transferred around to multiple people and departments every time I called for something. And the U-verse product sucked compared to Xfinity/X1.

Were these supposed to be TWO posts or ONE post? We'll never know. Thanks, RJKarl boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back