• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of you dickbag intramural refs hosed us in the finals at Groves and cost us a 2nd A League championship. Dude called offensive PI on a great diving catch by the receiver where both guys were just going for the ball. Even more egregious was that it was 4th down, and he called it a 15 yard penalty and loss of down (WTF?!), allowing the other team to score and send it into OT, where we lost on an unlucky tipped pass. SMDH x 1000000.

One of you dickbag intramural refs hosed us in the finals at Groves and cost us a 2nd A League championship. Dude called offensive PI on a great diving catch by the receiver where both guys were just going for the ball. Even more egregious was that it was 4th down, and he called it a 15 yard penalty and loss of down (WTF?!), allowing the other team to score and send it into OT, where we lost on an unlucky tipped pass. SMDH x 1000000.

the rare confusing of soccer with football when the word soccer is used

Refereeing college IM sports is a job with zero accountability they those dudes just did whatever the hell they wanted. Played BBall with this hothead who was immediately mouthing off to the ref one game, so ref fouled him out in about three minutes. It's actually worse than like social sports because they at least have to try to have some semblance of fairness or people won't pay to sign up.

I missed a penalty to help my loaded ringer intramural team lose to some frat in the A League Championship of '97. It was a terrible effort and I've never fully recovered. Though I'm going to blame the former varsity players who didn't pull us through. Almost scored the goal of my life in extra time to win it.

They Shall Not Grow Old is really quite a feat. Truly remarkable. Definitely recommend. When I went they were showing a 30 min "how it was made" mini-doc at the conclusion of the movie. Def worth sticking around for.

I’m excited. I’ve watched some of the remastered color WWII footage and never really been that into it, but this just looks incredible. Technology+Peter Jackson is usually awesome.

Our team was playing a bunch of freshman randoms one day and I played a through pass from my own 18-yard box on Poteat Field that rolled down the field and took a bad bounce over the keeper's outstretched arms. I didn't even see the ball go in the goal. Takeaways:

• I'm awesome at soccer
  • Frosh randos suck at soccer
  • Poteat Field is bouncy

Think if Peter Jackson made a movie about Wake intramurals.

I got kicked out of a basketball game once against SAE. The ref was also in SAE and the calls were just hilariously one-sided. We were still winning and just dealing with it, until some big oaf planted one of our guys into the wall behind the basket on a breakaway layup. Could have easily broken his neck. No foul called. I yelled at the ref, got an immediate double technical, and was gone. Good times.

He has already made, perhaps, the definitive movie on dwarves.

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-24821645-499-281.gif

You don't understand dwarf tossing jokes ? You must be a hoot around the watercooler.

I only worked the co-ed football championship at Groves

the sports I reffed: basketball, football, dodgeball, softball

We played sig pi in C league basketball and a guy threw the ball off the side of my face and then took a 25 footer (he made the shot which kills me because they were probably 2-26 from three). Next time down the court he tried it again (i was watching this time) and i caught it and chucked it at him. the ref instantly kicked him out and told me to chill. i thought that was well handled. still can't believe the guy made the shot.

We played sig pi in C league basketball and a guy threw the ball off the side of my face and then took a 25 footer (he made the shot which kills me because they were probably 2-26 from three). Next time down the court he tried it again (i was watching this time) and i caught it and chucked it at him. the ref instantly kicked him out and told me to chill. i thought that was well handled. still can't believe the guy made the shot.

This is savage. Was there no backstory or previous beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back