• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a barcade for those who are unfamiliar. Tons of classic video and pinball games plus skee ball, pop a shot and air hockey. They even have a video game “bar” with Nintendo and N64 games. Plus a shitload of beers and wood fired pizzas.

Already mentioned the pizzas but I’m pretty drunk so apologies.

My fiancée is traveling for work this week so she can lay off ~40% of her company. The last term she has to do at the end of the week is herself. Just a brutal week for her so I’m trying to be as supportive as possible but there’s not much to say.

I've been to the Boxcar in Raleigh once or twice, I think. It's been a few years. There's more of a dive-y barcade in Chapel Hill that I'll go grab a drink at a few times, but I don't really do video games all that often. I did like the sketchy purple place in Winston on Liberty.

My fiancée is traveling for work this week so she can lay off ~40% of her company. The last term she has to do at the end of the week is herself. Just a brutal week for her so I’m trying to be as supportive as possible but there’s not much to say.

I'm not sure I'd be professional enough to go through that if I'm getting laid off at the end of it

I'm not sure I'd be professional enough to go through that if I'm getting laid off at the end of it

It’s a tough position to be in for sure. The company is a relatively small startup and reading the tea leaves we have been aware of this possibility for some time but still tough to face the reality of the situation. Fortunately with some advance notice she was able to line up an opportunity to go back to her old job temporarily so she won’t have any disruption in income.

Do you want your severence package and a good reference ?

What kind of a severance package are you going to get from a small startup that’s laying off 40% of its employees? I’m guessing they aren’t swimming in cash.

What kind of a severance package are you going to get from a small startup that’s laying off 40% of its employees? I’m guessing they aren’t swimming in cash.

Griswold_Vacation_Jelly_of_the_Month_Club_2017__63840.1510247543.jpg

Yeah everyone is getting 2 weeks pay. Feel for those who are going to be surprised by this, though the signs have been there for awhile. She at least had the benefit of knowing in advance and lining something up to keep the money coming in each month. At least she’ll be getting paid while she looks for a new opportunity.

Getting my oil changed. Being forced to listen to Jimmy Buffet music.

Bought a new Jeep Wrangler a few months ago. Traded in the old 5 series. These sheep’s seem to hold their value so well that if I decide it’s not for me I won’t really take a bath selling it. I like it so far though. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can take the top off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back