• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mortgage interest deduction became way less valuable after the tax reform law, and always seemed a bit overrated for a lot of people anyways.

Just sold my place and moved to a rental. Think I'm gonna save my money up and buy a bar.

Good idea.

About 15 years ago a buddy of mine had a chance to take over Sweetwater Saloon in Mill Valley, and if he had, I was going to go out there and try to learn how to help manage something like that. We probably would have failed miserably, but who knows, maybe not. I think it was/is Bob Weir's hang out spot, or something, lots of local music cred and history. That would have been dope - I wish he had done that. Buy a bar. Make it have dank nuggy tunes.

Yeah, the original place was called Sweetwater or Sweetwater Saloon, I think. They folded or got evicted or something 10-15 years ago (which was why my buddy was sort of offered it, I think), and moved down the street and rebranded as more of a straight music hall. I looked into it a few years ago because I was curious, so some of that might not be quite right.

Edit with the wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetwater_Saloon

Last edited:
So most likely, we would have taken over, gotten evicted in three years, and I would have been out on my ass in the most expensive part of the country. But I would have probably had fun and made connections and you never know.

I need weed, but don't want to just text my buddy who gets me weed because I always feel bad when that's the only thing I text him about. But I don't want to go out and meet him and our other buddy tonight because other buddy is just driving me crazy lately, and is inviting a "new" dude to join our group, who is "high-octane," and he just wants to see this new guy interact with the guy I get weed from, I guess just to see if they start yelling at each other (?) for his entertainment (??), and everyone in this group is already way too loud for me and they aren't meeting until 10 which is super late for me these days. GAHHHHHHH. I need to find someone else to get weed from, I guess. Maybe I can make it out tonight for a drink or two. Christ. Adulting, am I right?

Duuuuuuuude. Duuuuuuuuuuuude.

Agree, Spectrum sucks.

Gonna ditch ‘em someday.

Spectrum is unimaginably bad. It’s the only option we have available and the technology is Stone Age level. Comcast cable is light years better in terms of the tech platform.

Met Charles Barkley last night. Did not bring up that he had not won any championships.

There is not a single thing in this entire story that reminds me of townie.

Two separate things. Sorry if confusing. The article/video was, I thought, interesting enough to post.

------------

Just saying hi to Townie since I haven't seen a post from him in a while.

Got my middle schoolers at a 2 Chainz concert. Parent of the year of bad parent ?

Had a thought this morning that Donald Trump is probably walking around the White House today saying "Guess what day it is !" like that camel in the Geico commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back