• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread- Mako and Mt Olive Dipping Vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with LBE, we are stuck in a cowboy mentality with the fire service. We'd be much better suited to have trucks similar to Europe and Asia. Same with the gear. My helmet weighs 12 lbs, but looks badass. The futuristic euro helmets weigh significantly less and offer the same protection.

In the past decade, our dept has purchased a F350 with a camper shell. It runs our medical calls, which are 80% of our run volume. It's our most used piece of apparatus.
real talk: why do firefighters insist on saying apparatus?

real talk: why do firefighters insist on saying apparatus?
Saying truck could imply a specific type of crew, those that ride the ladder truck, or truckies. Engine crews would be offended for being told they're on the truck and vise versa. Goes back to the cowboy mentality I referenced earlier.

Saying truck could imply a specific type of crew, those that ride the ladder truck, or truckies. Engine crews would be offended for being told they're on the truck and vise versa. Goes back to the cowboy mentality I referenced earlier.
The amount of ridiculous "correct terminology" I have to keep track of so as not to lose the respect of people in the field is dumb. Like, I'm sorry I called it a 'rapid response vehicle' instead of a 'rescue' - you know what I'm talking about and now can you please just tell me the information I asked about.

All trucks have engines. You should point that out to them.

@tsywake is this true re: size? This account is very much of the mindset of more transit, more dense housing, etc but I was unfamiliar with this taek.

Fire code controls an unexpectedly large amount of everything. Single stair buildings, street size, etc. are all dictated by fire. Europe gets by just fine with significantly smaller trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back