• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Montego Bay: I Am The Liver King !!!!!!!!!! ! I Can Do Anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Disney bought out fox my friend got fired and got like 9 months severance. Y’all just need to not work in shithole industries

CA is at will too, but we still offer it. You’re going to get a bad reputation in the industry if ya don’t

CA is at will too, but we still offer it. You’re going to get a bad reputation in the industry if ya don’t
I’m gonna guess that wasn’t a huge consideration for Timmy’s former employer given what we know.

How does that severance thing work?
Some employers offer a severance to terminated employees as a matter of course in exchange for a release of all claims the employee may have against the employer. Usually the amount is small, like 2-6 weeks of pay. If the employee has a potentially viable claim, they will tell the employer to F off with 2-6 weeks and demand more for the release.

as a talented HR professional, it sounds like they wanted to fire you so all these ridiculous comments were just documentation leading up to it.

It’s sad that as a fellow deac Wakephan couldn’t look past your PowerPoint content, spelling, and grammar which resulted in firing you.

Texas is an "at will" state. They don't have to pay Timmy anything. It might be in their interests to do so but they don't really have to. IANAL
Eh, this isn't quite right. While it is true that employees in states that are not at-will have more rights against their employers in connection with the termination of their employment, employees in at-will states can have a host of claims, both federal and state, that the employer may be scared of, and employees in not at-will states may not have any claims if the termination is justified. Employers in at-will states often offer severances, and employers in states that are not at-will often don't. It all just depends on the employer's risk tolerance.

Junebug can pitwash himself from his tunnels takes by hiring Timmy under his newly formed EPL practice

CA is at will too, but we still offer it.
CA has by far the most employee friendly laws in the nation. I don't know this for sure, but I would assume that many more employers offer severance packages as a matter of course in CA than the national average.

i have fired people. most of the time people are pissed but leave quietly. i had one lady break down in tears and scream at me but my job is to sit quietly and toe the line.

that lady was crazy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back