• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Montego Bay: I Am The Liver King !!!!!!!!!! ! I Can Do Anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy.

So I sent an email last night to HR about the issues with my manager. This morning HR emailed me and said let's meet at 2 PM. I join the teams meeting at 2:00 PM and lo and behold my manager and her supervisor are in the meeting with HR. Terminated effective immediately for substandard performance. Such a well planned ambush I have to give them credit for it.

I've probably told this story before, but when I got laid off out of the blue back on January 2nd, it was supposed to be a quick Zoom catchup with me and my boss (which was not unusual). I logged on and it was just me and an HR lady I had never talked to before in my life. We just sat there looking at each other for like 5 minutes (me knowing what was coming), and then my boss joined late and started making small talk and asking me how my kids enjoyed the holidays. I was like, "Can we not do that? It's feels pretty fake right now."

30 second conversation with a guy that hired me and I talked to pretty much every day for the previous 4 years... And I haven't talked to him once since then (even though they had me stick around for 2 more months helping with the transition).

That guy was such an asshole. Hated working for him, but really liked the job.

Anyway, you'll be better off. Fuck those people.

Oh boy.

So I sent an email last night to HR about the issues with my manager. This morning HR emailed me and said let's meet at 2 PM. I join the teams meeting at 2:00 PM and lo and behold my manager and her supervisor are in the meeting with HR. Terminated effective immediately for substandard performance. Such a well planned ambush I have to give them credit for it.
ah man that sucks but no doubt you'll land on your feet in a much better spot quickly

So we have some stories about getting laid off, surely there are some posters on the chat that can tell stories about themselves firing employees

Oh boy.

Did they offer you a severance? If no, are you going to send them a demand letter?

I fired myself last year as an ad from the varsity basketball coach position. I never even saw it coming.

My wife had a pretty good one a few jobs ago. She made the jump from finance to HR and was working for a startup with some huge vision but no product or sales. Hiring like crazy and hemorrhaging money (free lunch every day at $20 pp). About a year in the company obviously had to downsize significantly so she had to go to their two main office locations and fire like half of the company and then prepare the paperwork to fire herself.

Oh boy.

Damm dude. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully once the initial sting wears off there's some relief in the fact that this fucking nightmare is over. From what you've shared you stuck it out way longer than I could have and have probably now put the worst job you'll ever have behind you.

Hope you're in a spot where you can take a little time to decompress after getting out of that hellhole.

do people get severance when fired?

my wife had to lay off a teacher and she laughed when I asked what kind of severance he is getting. apparently teachers don't get that.

I was laid off from my first job as a newspaper reporter, October 2008, day after attending the game where we beat Clemson on Thursday night (which got Dabo installed as coach). owner of the paper called me on my desk phone and said he had something real quick to chat about in his office. I came down and he said to please close the door, this could get "yucky." basically that was when the economy hit a nosedive – recall McCain "suspending" his campaign to work on this. handed me a check for a few weeks' worth of severance and sent me on my way.

When Disney bought out fox my friend got fired and got like 9 months severance. Y’all just need to not work in shithole industries

Texas is an "at will" state. They don't have to pay Timmy anything. It might be in their interests to do so but they don't really have to. IANAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back