• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Must Win: Please Return to Us DeacHoops !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyway, church. As a non-Catholic who went to Catholic school from grades 3-12, I spent a lot of time chilling in the pews during communion.

oh man, you went to catholic school too? i was in a K-8 one, so a bit different, but did you have super small class sizes like us? my 8th grade had 12 kids total in it.

shitty green and yellow uniforms, too. why would you make those your school colors, school? the students are already going to catholic school, so they're well on track to be ostracized from normal social lives. no need to pile on with shitty uniform colors, too.

every like month or so the priest would come around to the classrooms and do like a Q&A about god and shit. by the time I got to 7th and 8th grade I had already started to trend to FILTHY NONBELIEVER SCUM, so I used my questions to try to troll him about new testament contradictions

i wonder if anyone on the boards went to bishop mcguinness

I too went to catholic school, best part was missing class for some sleep time at mass.

The only regret that I have from the whole thing is that dating him (or whatever) for 5 months reminded me that it sure is nice having someone to spend time with. Over the year prior, I'd taught myself that being alone is the best, and I'm going to have to spend some effort to remember that lesson. Or actually look for strangers to date, which is not fun, so I'll just have to relearn the glories of solitude. As I told him last night, he was the last guy in Winston.

This is the most #woeisRTQ thing I have ever read.

oh man, you went to catholic school too? i was in a K-8 one, so a bit different, but did you have super small class sizes like us? my 8th grade had 12 kids total in it.

shitty green and yellow uniforms, too. why would you make those your school colors, school? the students are already going to catholic school, so they're well on track to be ostracized from normal social lives. no need to pile on with shitty uniform colors, too.

every like month or so the priest would come around to the classrooms and do like a Q&A about god and shit. by the time I got to 7th and 8th grade I had already started to trend to FILTHY NONBELIEVER SCUM, so I used my questions to try to troll him about new testament contradictions

Not that small. The first school I went to was K-8 but I only was there 3-8. Got to skip all the First Communion hullabaloo. (They sent my older sister there starting in grade 2 and realized we could skip that one.) Each of the grades had two classes that were ~20-25 people I guess, so around 50 kids per grade. The high school had around 1000 total students so 500/grade.

Our colors were gray & maroon at the K-8, and navy & gold in the high school.

following the Super Bowl debacle, and now this:

I too went to catholic school, best part was missing class for some sleep time at mass.

Yeah, this was cool. We had to write "lines" if we did shit wrong, though. I remember having to write "I will not laugh at Church" (probably with like 5 extra words, because Catholic school teachers are vindictive fucks) in cursive fifty times once.

i feel like y'all new catholic school ppl got nothing on the catholic school students of a generation earlier

pops has the story of the nuns catching him smoking a cig as like, a 12 year old, and them making him smoke the entire pack in a closet before letting him out, and he went to the hospital

IN for Catholic School, K-12 here.

Carpenter bees are annoying but I'm sure they are necessary in the grand scheme of things.

i feel like y'all new catholic school ppl got nothing on the catholic school students of a generation earlier

pops has the story of the nuns catching him smoking a cig as like, a 12 year old, and them making him smoke the entire pack in a closet before letting him out, and he went to the hospital

and left a changed man, and also addicted to nicotine

oh for sure

the music teacher spanked a kid in my class once, but she got in trouble for it. super old lady, mean as hell. taught us all how to play the recorder though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back