• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only nerds drank at shortys

Tuesdays: Burke St/Blackbear
Wednesdays: Daytonas
Thursdays: Whatever that sports bar is on Stratford towards the end
Fridays: On campus
Saturday: Burke St/Blackbear
Sundays: Freddie B's
Monday: Rest day

Last edited:
First D.C. Party stop: US Holocaust Memorial Museum. Nice choice Ms. Tannen.

Only nerds drank at shortys

Tuesdays: Burke St/Blackbear
Wednesdays: Daytonas
Thursdays: Whatever that sports bar is on Stratford towards the end
Fridays: On campus
Saturday: Burke St/Blackbear
Sundays: Freddie B's
Monday: Rest day

I met the kid of the last owners of Daytona this past weekend (he's about 40 something now) at a family wedding. Had some stories but was kinda lame.

My pops ran into former Diamond Deac Jamie D'Antona at some event recently. He and his wife and another couple are opening a bar an old gas station on Polo near campus.

My pops ran into former Diamond Deac Jamie D'Antona at some event recently. He and his wife and another couple are opening a bar an old gas station on Polo near campus.

I wonder who's going to love this more: Wake Admin or Polo Neighbors.

I kinda liked the spot on campus they put in next to the post office when I went back for the 10 year reunion. Christ 15 is coming up within a year. I'm #old

I'm going to a WFU event in Portland tonight; something with a bus? I dunno, but it's free food and booze at a solid brewery. I know of two other deacons out here, really curious to see who else is there because apparently the event is at capacity.

I'm going to a WFU event in Portland tonight; something with a bus? I dunno, but it's free food and booze at a solid brewery. I know of two other deacons out here, really curious to see who else is there because apparently the event is at capacity.

they came to Highland Brewing in Asheville in the fall. they gave us a couple of drink tix each good for beers at the bar. no food that I remember. It didn't seem to be a fundraising thing, at least not overtly so. There's a nice upper deck on the RV. got some nice plastic cups and pens out of the deal I suppose.

they came to Highland Brewing in Asheville in the fall. they gave us a couple of drink tix each good for beers at the bar. no food that I remember. It didn't seem to be a fundraising thing, at least not overtly so. There's a nice upper deck on the RV. got some nice plastic cups and pens out of the deal I suppose.

double checked, and it does say that "light fare will be provided," which means my dinner tonight will be generous helpings of 'light fare.'

The Wake event for Chicago is at some meadery on the edge of the city. Hard pass.

I went to a happy hour for Wharton Research Data Services on Monday and they had incredible food and drinks.

the WakeWill event last year in DC was amazing. tons of good food and booze. There was a cocktail hour before, then they shuffled us all into a big auditorium for a short video and panel discussion featuring the people in the video (a blind student and the math professors who worked with her).

Then they brought us into this giant atrium with a band, tons of heavy hors d'oeuvres, and lots of nice quality booze. There all kinds of touch screens and interactive walls and such. Amazingly enough there was no hard ask for money or even places to make a donation that I saw, we weren't solicited until a couple of months later.

I think every person that ever lived on Polo said "I want to buy Campus Gas and turn it into a bar". I'm guessing the gas station he bought is one of the ones near Polo and Indiana though.

I'm pretty sure it's Campus Gas, the one right across the street from campus. It was re-zoned for bar use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back