• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably belongs on the youth sports or parenting thread, but I just signed my 3 year old daughter up for soccer. That, by itself, is not interesting at all. What I wanted to share was that I volunteered to be an assistant coach, even though soccer is the one "major" sport that I never played growing up (and kind of hate).

While it'll probably be fun to be involved (instead of just sitting on the sidelines), I really hope my responsibilities are limited to things like handing out orange slices and high-fiving the kids. I'd like to be more of a hype man than an actual coach.

Also serves as kind of a warning to the younger folks on the CT... Just 4 years ago my Saturday mornings were spent working off a hangover, at brunch, or on the golf course... These days, they are spent at the park or gymnastics or soccer. It's great (no, really)... But it's still really different.

Keep us updated. If I sign the Squirrel up for soccer, I will probably also volunteer to coach. That's something my Dad for my teams until I started playing competitively.

The older I get (and especially now that I'm around kids), the more I appreciate all the amazingly boring things my parents attended/sat through/supported over the years.

Anyone ever been to Allegheny River Trail up in NW Pa? Planning on camping and cycling up there next weekend; heard good things.

Instead of NW Pa, just going to Central Pa, but still hitting up the same trail. Pretty excited.

I'm not saying we will or won't get him. I just hate "vibes" and the eruption of joy on zero actual news.

As an aside, there were a few moments in time when I thought we'd get Giles. Not near the decision day, though.

By the way...

Although swim meets can be rough watching birdie on her leg of the relay walk this one chick down and pass her despite being 3 seconds behind to start was pretty awesome. She trimmed 5 seconds off her previous best time on freestyle and 4 seconds off backstroke. It was awesome.

Nice, we hosted y'all last week (Elks). y'all have a good bunch of kids.

I have been hanging out with the kids at Elks several weekends this summer (several of the kids friends are members). We were considering joining next year.

Although swim meets can be rough watching birdie on her leg of the relay walk this one chick down and pass her despite being 3 seconds behind to start was pretty awesome. She trimmed 5 seconds off her previous best time on freestyle and 4 seconds off backstroke. It was awesome.

vibes

RJ vs. RChildress is the never-ending battle of two Last Word Deacs.

I would be willing to give up tags if you bring back anonymous negrep.

The older I get (and especially now that I'm around kids), the more I appreciate all the amazingly boring things my parents attended/sat through/supported over the years.

Now that we have smart phones and small bluetooth headphones there isn't nearly as much of a problem.

Her geographic posts check out "living near" the site of the 1993 LIRR shooting metro station. So I guess I'm inclined to believe that it's really her. Hard to believe, but hey that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back