• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the 12th st beach near the planetarium? And the 57st street looks like it could get some UC ladies out there, so that seems promising, and North Ave looks good too. Thanks!

North Ave and Oak Street are probs best bet for ladies. Never been to 12th Street. Hard to get to all the great beaches here, you know?

So it's really just a matter of time before Atlanta holds one of these G20 summits, right ?

US has hosted two already (Pittsburgh and Washington). The locations for meetings through 2020 are already chosen, so Atlanta is safe for at least four years.

Yo Barca I finally got an email back from the NC DPI. I may actually have a license before the summer ends!

Yo Barca I finally got an email back from the NC DPI. I may actually have a license before the summer ends!

nice. wife got turned down for a Buncombe job last week because they decided they wanted this one sub who had worked there and had coaching experience. they didn't specify the sport, but she's coached volleyball, lacrosse and swimming so not one of those. said if they didn't need coaching experience they woulda hired her. it's like, well why did you bring her in?

nice. wife got turned down for a Buncombe job last week because they decided they wanted this one sub who had worked there and had coaching experience. they didn't specify the sport, but she's coached volleyball, lacrosse and swimming so not one of those. said if they didn't need coaching experience they woulda hired her. it's like, well why did you bring her in?

Because the state requires you to interview three qualified candidates for the job even if you have someone else in mind.

Because the state requires you to interview three qualified candidates for the job even if you have someone else in mind.

sounds like she wasn't qualified if they needed a coach as well. the coaching thing didn't come up until they turned her down.

Yall birdie crushed it at city swim meet today. Knocked 3 seconds off her best in both free and back. I swear watching her focus and just go at it with reckless abandon is as good as it gets as a dad, espesh after dealing with srs anxiety problems pretty much since birth.

sounds like she wasn't qualified if they needed a coach as well. the coaching thing didn't come up until they turned her down.

That's probably why it didn't. They need to make sure they have a qualified pool so they don't list it as a qualification but then when one candidate has it (and it's the one they want,) they use it to justify the choice
Super lame, but definitely happens.

Yall birdie crushed it at city swim meet today. Knocked 3 seconds off her best in both free and back. I swear watching her focus and just go at it with reckless abandon is as good as it gets as a dad, espesh after dealing with srs anxiety problems pretty much since birth.

Awesome!

That's probably why it didn't. They need to make sure they have a qualified pool so they don't list it as a qualification but then when one candidate has it (and it's the one they want,) they use it to justify the choice
Super lame, but definitely happens.

it just sucks because for all the public jobs she's applied to in NC, she's never once been turned down because they found a better teaching candidate. it's always come down to something like this, or budgetary reasons causing them to cut the position, or them having to do an in-district transfer. hell, in this case they flat out told her she was the better teacher, bar none. but I guess it's ok to give the kids a shittier education if it means saving a few bucks elsewhere.

anything cool about fairfax VA or is it just a bedroom community? got a #client up there and will be spending some time over the coming months.

It's the city in which I was born, that's pretty cool.

Oh that's not helpful?

barca, sounds like you're against a well-rounded education that includes physical health

don't be so narrow-minded, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back