• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
635947809848371598343209823_amer2.gif

Other than empathy for unknown other people the "really struggling" relates to you working in the same building or
Something?

I had a similar experience this week, just based on having one degree of separation between myself and the man who was run over down in Savannah after the shooting there. He went to the magnet high school and was great friends with one of my good friends who went there (and her mother, who was my girl scout leader for 12 years). The senselessness of the situation and knowing he was just trying to protect others, partnered with my friends' grieving, just really sucked and hit me really hard for some reason - way more so than any other random event like that. Plus, I went to high school with the victim's sister, and watching the recap of his celebration of life and seeing his sister talk about him just drove a dagger to my heart. I can't imagine anything like that happening to my brothers, although I could see either of them acting in the same way as what this man was doing, which resulted in his death.

Sometimes certain events hit you harder than others. Pair all of those feelings with a really stressful work week or whatever, and it can all feel kind of overwhelming.

What's up with the drama-free CT? Everyone loves their jobs these days? No annoying co-workers? Stable, fulfilling, monogamous relationships? No one even trying to sell you shit on FB?

What's up with the drama-free CT? Everyone loves their jobs these days? No annoying co-workers? Stable, fulfilling, monogamous relationships? No one even trying to sell you shit on FB?

1. Promotion's going through, so hard to complain about that. Shit's really busy, though. I'm working full days and going home and doing more work on the laptop there just to keep things moving this summer in the absence of basically everyone in the office.
2. No annoying coworkers at present, or I've just managed to come to terms with them for who they are. Hens gonna hen, or something.
3. Yep, and that's pretty damn awesome.
4. LulaRoe, but I like looking at that stuff.

I'll probably start having some neighborhood news soon, as we get to know folks on the street better! Across the street people seem really great, as to next door people, and very friendly. Feeling really stoked about things right now; we'll see how that keeps up.

I keep having Hit Me Baby One More Time pop into my head and am like, why do I keep singing that? Oh...

Kinda need an update from Diggler about how the forced labor camp for children is working out.

Also, my 9-year old son has diarrhea. He called his mom on his Gizmo from his bathroom in the middle of the night to let her know. Glad he didn't call me.

Also, my 9-year old son has diarrhea. He called his mom on his Gizmo from his bathroom in the middle of the night to let her know. Glad he didn't call me.

is calling from gizmo better/worse than the "moooooooooooooooooooooooooooom? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd... I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" 3am holler?

We've never had one of those. Usually we hear someone moving around and go check on them. Seems like most ailments occur before midnight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back