• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotcha. sweet. heading up to Baltimore next weekend and have a race in havre de grace so wondering if there will be any snow left

Dropped a post in the beer thread for you

i bought a road bike because I also hate, hate running and it's a lot more fun. it's just expensive.

that's good to hear, since that's kind of my plan later this year (already have a cross country bike I like using from time to time on the trails here).

Also assuming they verify the income it will be immediately apparent that the 50m in distributions is not really a recurring income source.

This is in my work refrigerator... any guesses what the hell it is?

44c2340397c4f1369fa7bd8e527d699e.jpg

Has anyone here ever used a rowing machine much? I have been thinking about getting one.

It's a great workout, but I can't imagine buying one. It seems like the maintenance on those things could be a pain.

It's a great workout, but I can't imagine buying one. It seems like the maintenance on those things could be a pain.

between df09 and myself I think we've owned this one for 5 years and i've never had to do a thing to it fwiw (concept 2).

I want one of those fancy peloton bike things.

I kinda looked at those, but the monthly fee on top of an already super expensive piece of equipment just seemed nuts to me. What happens when/if that service stops operating or fails, then you've just got a very expensive spin bike with a useless android tablet attached to it (can get nice versions of that for 1/3 the cost). So I decide that decent road bike + nice trainer + software like Zwifter/Cyclops/CompuTrainer would be a better deal in the end and also leave me w/ a real road bike I can actually use outside. I think that's a good plan, need leebs to confirm.

between df09 and myself I think we've owned this one for 5 years and i've never had to do a thing to it fwiw (concept 2).

That's good to hear. I don't know the brand of the one that I use at the gym, but I feel like there's always something weird wrong with the chain. Once I have some more space, I'd like to start investing in a home gym. I use the rower like Biff does and really enjoy throwing 500 meter sprints in various circuits.

I've thought about maybe renting a rower for home for a while to see if I actually like it or use it. https://www.waterrower.com/us/rent

On a related note, someone left a box of zebra stripe cakes in our break room. Get at me diabeetus!

Also assuming they verify the income it will be immediately apparent that the 50m in distributions is not really a recurring income source.

exactly, which is why I'm trying to understand the play. plus, why put it in any account with a 10% penalty instead of a CD or something? he must be leaving out match information.

Last edited:
So my work 401k has a guaranteed interest account that has a floor of 3%. Risk-Free. Would you young-ins take that, or go something more aggressive in the stock market? I mean you're getting like .1-.5% in this market, risk-free, so kinda hard to pass up.

do you have to put your money there in order to get a match? put enough to take the match then put the rest in something with higher return potential. I have a feeling I'm missing something because that's too obvious of an answer though.

Ally has savings accounts at 1%. HSBC has savings accounts at 1.5%.

Will probably move our meager savings over to one of those or Charles Schwab soon to take advantage of some of their services. Not having brick and mortar locations really doesn't mean shit anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back