• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my work 401k has a guaranteed interest account that has a floor of 3%. Risk-Free. Would you young-ins take that, or go something more aggressive in the stock market? I mean you're getting like .1-.5% in this market, risk-free, so kinda hard to pass up.

sure, but where are you putting your other millions

Hey RSF did you miss me?

3667cf00a7125de16b30891d55906128.jpg

Chat Thread Nautilus: Hump day. Did townie get the job? Will RTQ win at Tinder??

sure, but where are you putting your other millions

Current plan is to save up in the 401k, then save up outside of it. Then in a 2 year window early withdraw from the 401k and take the 10% penalty to get to qualified investor status and then throw it into private equity funds that I know make a killing cause I did the accounting for a lot of the private equity funds in the area.

Last edited:
not many people have enough. Does Oregon have a super sonic sweet pension program for government employees?

It does, but it's not enough by itself. I think a lot of people [don't] invest thinking it is, though.

When the snow is fresh or packed, it's not too bad. Strap on some Yaktrax and hit it!

Someone put up the video of the girl busting her ass after saying snow is perfect for running

Current plan is to save up in the 401k, then save up outside of it. Then in a 2 year window early withdraw from the 401k and take the 10% penalty to get to qualified investor status and then throw it into private equity funds that I know make a killing cause I did the accounting for a lot of the private equity funds in the area.

hm, don't forget about saving up for Premium Board membership

How much is it by itself? Do you get SS on top of it or is it one or the other?

You know, that's a good question. I honestly don't know. i've assumed that it's SS on top?

Perhaps you had two careers. In one job, you were a government employee whose earnings were exempt from the Social Security payroll tax. You also worked in the private sector, paying into the Social Security system. When you retire, you'll get your public pension, but don't count on getting your full Social Security benefit.

Under federal law, any Social Security benefits you earned will be reduced if you were a federal, state or local government employee who earned a pension on wages that were not covered by Social Security. Reductions also apply to Social Security spousal or survivor benefits that are claimed by government pensioners.

Do you get SS deducted from your paycheck? Check yo Paystub (6.2%)

Why even use the 401k then? For a match?

Why even use the 401k then? For a match?

Lets say I make $150k. No way for me to reasonably get to $200k/yr in income (what you need to make to invest anywhere you want) unless I stocked some away in a tax deferred account for a few years until I had $100k, then I took $50k out 2 years in a row.

oh man the sports board what a nightmare

People are suggesting it was crazy and a "huge middle finger" to Deacon fans for Ron Wellman to be at the game in Dayton. Seems like a perfectly rational position to stake out.

i don't go on the sports boards anymore, ever. it's as bad as the tunnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back