• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
They cut and edge for $40 and then will charge extra for the pruning and cleaning out the beds. I cant remember the exact rate for pruning/weeding but I think maybe $75 per hour for two guys and $100 per hour for 3. I had to pay about $800 this fall for the pruning and removal of some random bushes but it was a ton of work because I hadn't done any yard work in the two years since I bought my house.

Cool. That's helpful. Thanks. My yard is also in need of some TLC, so I expect a couple heavier labor days. Most of it is in the backyard though so I can space it out.

One of my friends has hired a lactation consultant or advisor or something. I had no idea that this was a thing and I still don't really have an idea what such a person does.

learning how to breastfeed can be incredibly stressful and difficult, so much so women would otherwise quit because they don't think they're physically (or mentally) able to do so. they teach moms how to do it

She's been doing it for going on 5 months now, but I guess there are issues or something. I guess I just always assumed that it was a pretty straightforward process that just happened.

Yeah it's not nearly as quick and easy as people assume before they actually have kids. Most hospitals have LCs that come visit a couple times after delivery and before discharge. But many people also make appointments or have house calls once they are home. "The most natural thing in the world" is super difficult for a lot of people.

observation: a disproportionate amount of black men on tinder have used the prisma app or something similar to make cartoony versions of their photos.

awww mannnnnn.

I just totally flaked on a chiro appointment. Got a call at 2:40 - "Hi, we're just calling to see if you're on your way to your 2:30 appointment?" :eek: "No, no I am not. Shoot."
Never done that before and it feels like a big fail :(

awww mannnnnn.

I just totally flaked on a chiro appointment. Got a call at 2:40 - "Hi, we're just calling to see if you're on your way to your 2:30 appointment?" :eek: "No, no I am not. Shoot."
Never done that before and it feels like a big fail :(

it's cool the chiro flaked on med school

it's cool the chiro flaked on med school

:rimshot:

actually, my chiro is a Dr. of PT as well, so it's all good. I'm mostly bummed because my appointments are a mixture of chiro/pt/massage so missing the appt = missing an hr. massage.
granted, the massages aren't exactly relaxing... but still.

Oh don't let the PT folks hear you say that, they walk around campus with their white jackets too as long as it takes 3 years instead of 2. It was a big day when that change was made.

I suppose so.
Whatever, it helps me.

I am unreasonably pleased that someone posts here with an iron eagle themed avatar

So is chiro a pseudoscience or what? Need a ruling.

i've been laughing at this flowchart for a while now

C6-7XIKXAAspkha.jpg

Literally just read this on mcall before seeing it here. I was laughing at it too.

According to my dad and FIL, both MDs: yes

no bias there.

I* truly believe it depends who you see. I definitely think there are some quacks, but if you're combining it with PT and other techniques that lessens the placebo aspect of it.

*not a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back