• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's been doing it for going on 5 months now, but I guess there are issues or something. I guess I just always assumed that it was a pretty straightforward process that just happened.

I always tell my clients it's the least natural natural process ever. I have done it with three of my own and have been trained to help other women with it and I still needed help at times with the younger kids.

Yard is $240 a month for a 12 month contract. They rake tons of leaves. Cut grass. Clean out beds. Aerate, overseed, fertilize. I think I'm on the cheap side compared to a couple of neighbors.

I'm probably late to the game but has anyone else read the Brandon Childress article in this month's gold rush? It is a must read.

Yard is $240 a month for a 12 month contract. They rake tons of leaves. Cut grass. Clean out beds. Aerate, overseed, fertilize. I think I'm on the cheap side compared to a couple of neighbors.

I pay half that for everything but cutting grass. Yard is looking quite strong rn.

I think if I had a yard I'd do the yardwork just so I can have the wife do everything else. I mean the wife is gonna do everything else anyways, but this way I just won't have to feel guilty.

Unlike Leebs, I made it to my PT appointment this afternoon. She (my PT) was a little upset by how dehydrated I was after last night though.

Reading sports comm lit and suddenly the sports board/Danny Manning credibility thread is clearer.

My article expands upon these functions of character rhetoric. Most important for my purposes, Parry-Giles has revealed how characterological preoccupations compel a ‘‘repeated and vigilant monitoring’’ of elevated individuals, making them sites for public debate over idealized, mythic ideologies of leadership, trust, racial harmony, and celebrity (1996, p. 365; 2006). Characterology is particularly important in sports culture, where idealizations of character limit conscious resistance to its racialized applications and consequences. Indeed, sport is a generally illustrative context for examining the racialization of thick moralities because, as Douglas Hartmann (2000) suggests, it is ‘‘a ‘contested racial terrain,’ a social site where racial images, ideologies, and inequalities are constructed, transformed, and constantly struggled over’’ (p. 230). Character is an important addition to considerations of this racial terrain because it so fundamentally shapes the moral order of sports culture.

Where are you seeing these "mythic ideologies of...racial harmony"?

"I'm winning and wake isn't" is a great line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should of known he has a modicum of game because he didn't go to Wake.

And more importantly: GT :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm going to Dallas for a work trip in a couple weeks and booked my hotel yesterday when my manager told me which one we were using. This morning, another lady going on the trip asked if I'd booked it, because it's sold out now. Made me think about the business trip hotel sharing thread. But darn, booked a king bed. Not going to share.

I'm going to Dallas for a work trip in a couple weeks and booked my hotel yesterday when my manager told me which one we were using. This morning, another lady going on the trip asked if I'd booked it, because it's sold out now. Made me think about the business trip hotel sharing thread. But darn, booked a king bed. Not going to share.

send her a link to a tent on amazon

if there's one thing Dallas is not short on, it's hotel rooms.

if there's another thing dallas isn't short on, it's people who will instantly judge you based on your perceived economic status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back