• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you will bowh dah Trump fella, even if you wanna cash him outside how bowh dah, you gotta admit he been makin errybody dat cray stock market money like woah! Probs due for a little correction here in dah nex lil bit and errybody buying in high righh now but dat invested money be growin like woah

yup holding back proceeds from house sale for the correction that is coming soon

Say what you will bowh dah Trump fella, even if you wanna cash him outside how bowh dah, you gotta admit he been makin errybody dat cray stock market money like woah! Probs due for a little correction here in dah nex lil bit and errybody buying in high righh now but dat invested money be growin like woah

It was going down last week but has seemed to plateau

Oh shit more competition in Winston-Salem this weekend for RTQ and her search for a non-weirdo cool fun non-divorced attractive 30 year old man.

I feel like she and I would be looking for different kind of fellas. and let's retarget that man as being non-weird cool fun acceptably-attractive 30-40 year old man. I'm too old to be picky about divorces.

Not after the #relapse.

nah tent guy is my reward for talking to other fellas on the tinder.

RTQ, what does your tinder bio say

oh gosh I am sure I'd get made fun of too much. probably someone here has swiped past me anyway and judged. it's about beer and running and wake sports and that I'm 5'9" and have a one eyed cat.

taxes on bonuses sucky suck.

don't tell the Pubs in the Tunnels I complained about taxes

they do suck! one thing we got this year is a merit increase applied to my current salary equal to the amount of what I would have expected to receive as a bonus next year, because there won't be bonuses anymore. on one hand, stinks that I won't get the normal expected bonus next March, but it's nice that it adds on top of my pay now so I can build on it, and that it doesn't get taxed like a bonus, and that I'll get partial benefit for it if I leave before next spring.

RTQ Im glad you grew out of your aversion to divorced men, and congrats on your merit increase. How is that house in Ardmore, still enjoying it?

yeah last year was our most profitable year ever

sweet. I am also grateful as hell to finally have a boss with whom I have an excellent working relationship. Couldn't ask for a better boss, and after 20 years in my field it feels good to be able to say that.

I should get myself a bottle of The Macallan 18 tonight.

I'm totally going to forget all this hot Charleston talk and bump that thread in a month asking about the same stuff

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/oxford-comma-lawsuit.html

attn townie and other grammar people.

Note the lack of Oxford comma — also known as the serial comma — in the following state law, which says overtime rules do not apply to:

The canning, processing, preserving, freezing, drying, marketing, storing, packing for shipment or distribution of:

(1) Agricultural produce;

(2) Meat and fish products; and

(3) Perishable foods.

Does the law intend to exempt the distribution of the three categories that follow, or does it mean to exempt packing for the shipping or distribution of them?

Case in point, the two I know on the boards routinely refer to people as either dwarves or sweethearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean the one divorced guy I did date seriously ended up with issues but I think they were also from having a screwed up mother not just a cheating ex-wife.

I feel like once you hit 30 divorced people are fair game. Lots of people who probably got married straight out of college and it didn't last. No judgment from me.

Eh, rtq and I might have more similar taste than she thinks. I like 'em tall, normal and somewhere between 26-39. We'd probably cross paths in our boy likeage somewhere along the way. If I'm being picky, I do tend to go for slightly preppier gents.

Eh, rtq and I might have more similar taste than she thinks. I like 'em tall, normal and somewhere between 26-39. We'd probably cross paths in our boy likeage somewhere along the way. If I'm being picky, I do tend to go for slightly preppier gents.

Yeah you're probably right. Except I'd probably lean not preppy.

Things that are nearly automatic "no" swipes on tinder are: shirtless pic, weightlifting pic, holding a fish or any dead animal, holding a gun, with a car/motorcycle/atv.

Yeah you're probably right. Except I'd probably lean not preppy.

Things that are nearly automatic "no" swipes on tinder are: shirtless pic, weightlifting pic, holding a fish or any dead animal, holding a gun, with a car/motorcycle/atv.

Yup, samesies on all those left swipes except for the fish pic (which is also definitely overdone, but forgivable for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back