• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbins really wants some attention today

photo.jpg

I need to order new contacts, but it's been over a year since I went to the eye doctor. Any hack for getting an Rx without the doc visit?

My housemate did it on the internet a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. 1-800-contacts, maybe? something i'd heard of, at least.

you basically have to order from abroad. you can't get them in the US w/out a script

thanks, BIG PHARMA or BIG OPTOMETRY or whatever

you basically have to order from abroad. you can't get them in the US w/out a script

thanks, BIG PHARMA or BIG OPTOMETRY or whatever

Seems ridiculous. Like what's the worst thing that would happen if you get the wrong prescription? You get a headache, ohh the fucking horror. More fake doctors operating within the same parameters as doctors, same with dentists.

Seems ridiculous. Like what's the worst thing that would happen if you get the wrong prescription? You get a headache, ohh the fucking horror. More fake doctors operating within the same parameters as doctors, same with dentists.

We've lived this way forever. We don't even know what could happen. That's how terrifying it is. That's what we need to protect ourselves from.

i think it has to do with the fact that your sticking contacts in/on your eye and the associated risks of continuous contact usage. seems overblown/a racket to me, though

Contact Lens King will send you contacts without a prescription. You have to enter your doctor's info in, but they give 24 hours to confirm the rx and if they can't confirm they send the contacts anyway. I've done it multiple times.

People driving buses, trucks, and planes could kill a bunch of people.

We're all cocks tonight, fam

So true.

As to the hot TV talk, I'm getting to the point where i don't really enjoy watching TV or movies at all. I've been able to watch an episode here or there of Season 2 of Narcos but that's about it. I haven't watched an entire non-plane movie in over a year. I just listen to podcasts instead. I'm weird.

Also....SUP CT. It's been awhile. Did I miss anything?

Trip was great. GF is great. Probably moving back to NC 4real. Body is sunburnt and being back at work sucks.

Contact Lens King will send you contacts without a prescription. You have to enter your doctor's info in, but they give 24 hours to confirm the rx and if they can't confirm they send the contacts anyway. I've done it multiple times.

yeah, canadian. good to know, thanks

Late to the rtq TV show suggestion conversation, but here are my takes:

-I like OITNB and even still like it through the most recent season. I don't claim to have great taste in TV, but I find it entertaining (despite Piper being annoying AF). Take for what it's worth that a lot of people saying they don't like it are dudes and the cast is primarily female. Not that guys can't enjoy a mostly chick show, but I think there is a target audience thing to take into consideration.

-We watched Stranger Things last month and I enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. One of the best things it has going for it is that it's season 1 and it's a short season, so it's not overwhelming to jump in and knock it out in a week or less (which is basically why we got through it so easily when we are struggling through other shows).

-Ever watched Orphan Black?

I liked s1 and 2 of OITNB but thought 3 was okay and 4 was an abomination. It started to feel too Law & Order ripped from the headlinesish and the racial tension stuff was too heavy handed for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back