• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit card would be a nice one to memorize. I don't type the number enough for it to stick and it's great how my wallet's always across the house when I need to pay a bill online.

Credit card, SSN for me and my wife, library card #, checking acct (but not routing), that’s about it

For phone numbers: immediate family, work main and direct line, some local elected official, senator’s and Congressman’s local office #s, all of my phone #s from growing up, and several 4 digit #s from late 90s Wake phone system (including dialing the diamond for Pizza Hut).

257-0923 was my phone number growing up
252-0613 and 257-0944 were my best friends.

Just checked and my friends parents still have the same numbers.

xywjc71uk9c11.jpg

Not sure I get how finance works. Facebook just reported making $13 billion dollars in 3 months and somehow lost $120 billion dollars in value because of it.

Not sure I get how finance works. Facebook just reported making $13 billion dollars in 3 months and somehow lost $120 billion dollars in value because of it.

People expected them to make >$13 billion.

People expected them to make >$13 billion.

Here's where I'm really off. Still, that's $52 billion annually. Market Cap is now around $440 billion. That's a price to earnings ratio of 8.5, which seems low, I thought everything was trading at crazy multiples these days.

Per the Google, P/E ratios was around 30.: "The PE ratio is a simple way to assess whether a stock is over or under valued and is the most widely used valuation measure. The current PE ratio for Facebook (FB) as of March 31, 2018 is 31.02. Facebook Inc. operates a social networking website worldwide."

Do you think any of it has to do with uncertainty about FB with regards to all the fake news stuff/cambridge analytica leaks/etc?

On a completely unrelated note, today would be a good day to have a couple if pints of Guinness in memory of Skip.

Oh, 13 billion was only the revenue, not the profit. Only 5 billion in profit. Slackers.

Do you think any of it has to do with uncertainty about FB with regards to all the fake news stuff/cambridge analytica leaks/etc?

That's all been out there for months. The CFO said in a conference call this morning that future revenues and margins would be declining from the 40%+ range to the 35% range.

if Facebook brings in $50+ billion a year in revenue, that is like $20 per user per year, a number which I have no context

curious how that breaks out re: ads, third-party services, etc.

if Facebook brings in $50+ billion a year in revenue, that is like $20 per user per year, a number which I have no context

curious how that breaks out re: ads, third-party services, etc.

I can easily see where an advertiser would find it worth $20 to put ads on my facebook for a year.

I think my Dark Web SSN idea is worth a few billion.

Facebook is down huge because they stated that profit margins will plummet for several years due to the costs of improving privacy safeguards and slowing usage trends.

Because it is a growth stock, this is very bad news. Doesn't matter that they are still insanely profitable... The incremental data point is that the go-go growth days are gone, and investors aren't willing to pay as large of a premium for a company with this adjusted profile.

I know this because it is my job.

Facebook is down huge because they stated that profit margins will plummet for several years due to the costs of improving privacy safeguards and slowing usage trends.

Because it is a growth stock, this is very bad news. Doesn't matter that they are still insanely profitable... The incremental data point is that the go-go growth days are gone, and investors aren't willing to pay as large of a premium for a company with this adjusted profile.

I know this because it is my job.

Robert-De-Niro-Sam-Rothstein.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back