• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach vacation, staff retreat, summer randomness. Haven't had time for much boards stuff. Looks like nothing much to miss ;-)

Having some real first world problems this month since the Metro stops in my neighborhood are closed for a month plus. Been avoiding it til today through vacation, retreat, work from home, and driving in one day. Took the "shuttle" to another metro stop today and had over an hour commute for what normally takes 30 min. Ugh.

Completely agree with this end of this one:

Bringing someone's real life to the board against his/her wishes is supposed to be a lifetime ban...

What's unbelievable is the duplicity and dishonesty of Mods in saying you can't bring real life activities to the boards without the person's permission. Then turning a blind eye to it because the rules don't apply to people you don't like.

called to start internet service at new apartment

comcast lady told me to "stay on the line" / "bear with me" 31 times in a 15 minute phone call

are people jumping off service calls that much

always appreciate when they get your phone number to call back. nothing worse than being on the phone working with someone for a long time and then you get cut off.

called to start internet service at new apartment

comcast lady told me to "stay on the line" / "bear with me" 31 times in a 15 minute phone call

are people jumping off service calls that much

generally it's because their voice scripting/QA rules forbid more than a few seconds of unexplained dead-air

My mother often calls people for her work and always says "stand by," and has now incorporated that into not only our phone conversations but real life conversations. So instead of "wait" or "hang on," or something, it's "stand by." Drives me kind of loopy.

I paid those dues, too, man. Credit card stuff for Victoria's Secret/Structure/Express, all those Limited Corp. businesses. My summer job while in college. It was miserable. Just waiting for that beep before having to talk to the Victoria's Secret salespeople who couldn't understand why I wouldn't approve the store credit card for some lady who already had a dozen + credit cards and was behind on her car, mortgage, etc. etc. God, at least I wasn't in collections.

On the bright side, my 10-key number pad technique was - and has remained - expert level, and for a while I had a great parlor trick of being able to name a bunch of area codes.

Comcast is generally the only time I deal with call center folks, but there is a real tension between the empathy I feel for the person I'm talking to and the hatred I feel for the business model of Comcast

Did anyone watch Succession on HBO? It started slow, but I thought it was great (especially the finale).

Colin Cowherd is riding in the FS1 motorpool as they fly down the highway in the middle of nowhere when suddenly all of the car engines begin smoking. Luckily they find an exit and pull into a small mechanic's shop, whereupon they are informed repairs will take a few hours. One of the motorpool members reminds Cowherd that he offered to buy lunch today.

The exit features a Taco Bell, a Wendy's, a McDonald's, an Arby's, and a Subway.

Where does Colin Cowherd take his staff and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back