• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Company I work for does. We recently had a building manager/handyman type but he recently left us and I volunteered with "How hard could overseeing this be." Have had to get someone arrested for grand theft auto, track down a dead rat and deal with leaks in 17 different AC units in the past week alone. I'm not too bright.

Company I work for does. We recently had a building manager/handyman type but he recently left us and I volunteered with "How hard could overseeing this be." Have had to get someone arrested for grand theft auto, track down a dead rat and deal with leaks in 17 different AC units in the past week alone. I'm not too bright.

I'm available. Probably relatively cheap. Find me a bungalow like the Dude's and I'm in.

I have no experience in these types of matters, but fuck it, man, let's roll the dice.

take small raise, pay someone 50% of the raise to do it

Say I put my human brain in a robot body, and there's a war. Robots versus humans. What side am I on?

i dunno, your brain probably rots quickly and maybe damages the circuitry of the robot so i guess the human side?

nuh-uh, the robots have created a special fluid that preserves my brain for double the lifespan of a normal human being.

nuh-uh, the robots have created a special fluid that preserves my brain for double the lifespan of a normal human being.

so they just have a brain jar inside for no reason other than carrying human brains? weird

ha ha just kidding. if it's using a human brain, it's not a robot, you're a cybernetic being but pedantry aside i would hide in plain sight and side with the pure-AI side, because your human brain will probably make your overall performance worse than a sentient hive mind. perhaps one day you could free the enslaved human population from the inside

just went to the new poke place that opened by my office. verdict: better than Hawaii.

Went down to Union Station food court for the first time in a while yesterday and to my surprise there is a poke place down there. Definitely had the shortest lines, but seemed to be doing ok business.

There's also a Chick-fil-a down there now and a Chipotle (plus a Chipotle up on the main level).

I also find it interesting that there Roti and Cava are literally right next to each other on the main level as they seem to serve pretty much the same thing.

Still haven't tried Poke. I guess I will one of these days.

Chilling at a different library yesterday afternoon and this morning has reminded me how bad my library is. Lame. I like quiet places. There even doing power washing right outside and it is much quieter than my library. I don't want to go back. Plus, among the handful of patrons I've had the last two days, there have been a couple of cute artsy girls (I'm in the Art Library).

what's the best library gig on the planet

Good question. Vatican may be right. Lots of cool shit. New York Public Library Music section is apparently pretty cool, too.

But to be very general the best one is where it is quiet, there is a lot of cool shit, and hot women come in regularly all day.

Good question. Vatican may be right. Lots of cool shit. New York Public Library Music section is apparently pretty cool, too.

But to be very general the best one is where it is quiet, there is a lot of cool shit, and hot women come in regularly all day.

I'm at, like, 1 out of 3 right now (hot women). But the other two parts are so out of wack (VERY loud, NO cool shit), that it outweighs that solid 1 thing. Music Library was quiet, lots of cool shit, occasional, but not infrequent, hot women. 2.5 out of 3. That's about what the Art Library is at. NYPL Music would probably be like 5 out of 3. Extra credit for having tons of cool shit and probably attractive people in there regularly, although it might get kind of hectic. I can deal with noise if it's largely noise related to the cool shit that we are hosting and if that noise is being made in part by - or in conjunction with - the attractive people (I will be inclusive here and not restrict it just to women).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back