• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I mean I'd like to think I had the grades and resume to get in on my own, but I definitely have a lot of family history at Wake and one of our good family friends is good friends with Martha Allman, so yeah

By the way, the interview requirement (perhaps for NC based students only?) was instituted for the incoming class of 2009 or 2010, I think

I definitely have a lot of family history at Wake and one of our good family friends is good friends with Martha Allman, so yeah
Her brothers played in a real groovy band long before I was born. My favorite tune was called "Blue Sky"

Technically, as far as I remember, GPA can't be above 4.0 on the normal scale. Anything above that was called, at least in my day, a QPA -- a quality point average -- which determined quality points per credit hour rather than a grade point average.

Definitely lots of shady stuff at my large, public high school. Our valedictorian developed her lead by taking AP French at another school in the summer before sophomore year when most students weren't allowed by the administration to take AP classes.

The gunners at the top had mostly a miserable time in high school. I was solidly at 10%, a few spots behind townie. Got those 11 varsity letters though, that's what I was really proud of at the time. Early decision at wake: easy call.

That's pretty good because I heard townie is a genius.

I don't even remember my SAT score but it wasn't bad

Did you hear it from him?

Yeah, he's a really smart dude.

Well it certainly boosts your ego to be only a few spots behind him in class rank, so I think I heard it from you, multiple times. Pretty sure that DF09 person is truly enamored with the townie intellect as well.

my most satisfying SAT moment was that my dad was pretty insistent about helping me study for the math section and I kept blowing him off and didn't study for the SAT at all and then ended up with a 780 anyways

I still don't understand how I did better on the math section. I hate math, am not good at it, want nothing to do with it and was an English major.

funny, when i got my SAT results my dad wanted to be the one to tell me b/c he was so excited. he came out of his office pumped and told me in front of his employees. rare moment for a relatively subdued/repressed person

woof okay so i defs didn't get into Wake b/c of my SAT scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back