• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same height as Townie actually is. Taller than the average American male.

so, in Sherlock the BBC adaptation, when Watson exhorts Cumberlock to put on the Sherlock Holmes hat....is he doing that because he thinks it's a funny hat or because the mystery novel character also exists and he wants to make the reference

what-it-s-a-big-hat-it-s-funny.png

so, in Sherlock the BBC adaptation, when Watson exhorts Cumberlock to put on the Sherlock Holmes hat....is he doing that because he thinks it's a funny hat or because the mystery novel character also exists and he wants to make the reference

I don't think they reference the existence of Conan Doyle's Holmes enough for the latter to be true. If that was the case people would point their similarities out ad nauseam, right?

"hey wait aren't you just ripping off that detective from that thing?"

"hey wait my name is Watson and I'm a doctor..."

"oh God we DO live in a simulation"

I don't think they reference the existence of Conan Doyle's Holmes enough for the latter to be true. If that was the case people would point their similarities out ad nauseam, right?

but i remember watson specifically saying "put on the hat" [for the photographers] as in "the hat" without any context

maybe watson's PTSD and/or Holmes' drug usage allows them to experience other parallel realities

if you read the original Sherlock script, Watson says "put on that hat" but they revised it specifically to create this implicit allusion

another fun fact: the original Sherlock script was titled "He Do the Police in Different Voices"

A horse named Wake Forest ran in the 9th race up at Saratoga today.

It didn’t do well at all.

Glad I wasn’t there today. I’d have lost a lot of money on that one.

A horse named Wake Forest ran in the 9th race up at Saratoga today.

It didn’t do well at all.

Glad I wasn’t there today. I’d have lost a lot of money on that one.

Seems the most obvious thing in the world to not bet on that horse

So the ipod touch I got probably seven years ago might be starting to crap out - went to apple site and learned the more slimmed down versions of ipods are no longer made. I may just go for another ipod touch, but any good alternative products that would be good for running?

One of those bird scooter things is outside the library this morning. What do I do to get rich again?

Gene Kelly's birthday today. Fucking legend man. Look at this cat tap dancing in roller skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back