• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I remember that if you've conquered 10th grade math and trigonometry you have the tools to get an 800 on the math section.

I remember on the PSAT verbal section I got like 5/14 right on reading comprehension and that kept me out of national merit scholar. I don't read good.

2nd quintile at a private school. We didn't do class rank, and they wouldn't tell you if you asked (dunno why). Way more focused on football and golf (8 letters).

Got waitlisted after applying early decision and posted on the old boards that it either "fucking sucked" or was "fucking gay" - very smart and mature of me. One of the mods told me to take it down, which I did, but some nerd from Martha Allman's nerdery had already flagged it, and it made it back to my dad's friend on the alumni council, who told my dad, who ripped me apart for it. One of the most embarassing moments I've ever had. Fortunately, I was able to get an interview with Dr. Hatch (had just been hired), which went great. Got in off the wait list a couple days after HS graduation after being all set to go to Furman.

Pretty sure there's no chance I would have gotten in without being a legacy. Although there were some alums around that time who swore they were grading legacies even more harshly for some reason. A friend of mine had something like a 4.3 GPA, capitain of the tennis team, blah blah, and her dad went to WF, but she didn't get in.

2nd quintile at a private school. We didn't do class rank, and they wouldn't tell you if you asked (dunno why). Way more focused on football and golf (8 letters).

Got waitlisted after applying early decision and posted on the old boards that it either "fucking sucked" or was "fucking gay" - very smart and mature of me. One of the mods told me to take it down, which I did, but some nerd from Martha Allman's nerdery had already flagged it, and it made it back to my dad's friend on the alumni council, who told my dad, who ripped me apart for it. One of the most embarassing moments I've ever had. Fortunately, I was able to get an interview with Dr. Hatch (had just been hired), which went great. Got in off the wait list a couple days after HS graduation after being all set to go to Furman.

Pretty sure there's no chance I would have gotten in without being a legacy. Although there were some alums around that time who swore they were grading legacies even more harshly for some reason. A friend of mine had something like a 4.3 GPA, capitain of the tennis team, blah blah, and her dad went to WF, but she didn't get in.

This post explains so much about WF.

For real. tiger probably got in because a middle class kid couldn’t afford to go to Wake.

PH and I went to a TOP TIER HIGH SCHOOL with no class rankings

man, i'm fairly certain i was in the top 10% of a 325 person class, maybe 15%. i got a 1300 on the SATs. my extra curriculars were just varsity golf (4 letters !) and a school chamber singer group. did wake single-choice. first gen college student. wrote a garbage essay (IMO), no interview.

i got to wake and had the profound realization i was now one of the not-smart kids

I want to hear this angelic singing voice

For real. tiger probably got in because a middle class kid couldn’t afford to go to Wake.

Saved some dude from $100,000 in debt. Don’t discount the possibility that tiger and his family had to take on some debt of his own or that his full tuition payment wasn’t balancing out the budget.

DlKXTSUW4AABKCc.jpg

so, in Sherlock the BBC adaptation, when Watson exhorts Cumberlock to put on the Sherlock Holmes hat....is he doing that because he thinks it's a funny hat or because the mystery novel character also exists and he wants to make the reference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back