• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I’m all. Everybody sucks. Especially the “leadership class”. The only people willing to run for office at this point are sociopaths and egomaniacs. Anyone I can short Western Civ? Because I’m down the Winter Revolution. It’s the only way anything changes.

It was Limousine Liberalism at its finest

I just got wasted and played nice when I was introduced as an educator

Duuuude I’ve been down for a bloodthirsty class based revolution for awhile. However now that I’m getting married and will be looking to start a family soon, I’ll admit that my ambitions have tempered. I’m starting to suck.

Luckily I have the power to indoctrinate our younger generation. Long live Mao!

Because charity is easy. It gives you a good feeling and doesn't require you to examine your participation in a system that allows you to give some of your money away, while leaving others to be dependent upon it. It allows you to maintain your power, contributing to the oppression of others, while maintaining an idea that you're the "good guy."

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating how this country is fucked. And fucked up. And fucks up other countries by being so fucked up and fucked. People are into some backwards shit, man, I don't get it. But that shit yesterday from Kavanaugh was spectacularly fucked up, that smug, entitled fuck.

But Brasky is right: things are only going to really change with violent revolution. Or some catastrophic natural disaster. Or, somewhat more optimistically but not really, some exponential leap in technology. Millions will die while we wait, regardless. The super billionaires and their gangs will be sipping mango lassis in New Zealand inbreeding weak chinned automatons with blood disorders, riding it out.

Yall just need to join DSA already. (kidding, kind of).

We had this Lead to Read group come to our office to recruit people to go read to kids. Just the worst kind of neoliberal bullshit about all these great CEOs and execs of these high profile companies going to read to a kid for 30 minutes. Mushy videos of white people reading to black and brown kids.

There is a text called The Revolution Will Not Be Funded about the non-profit industrial complex. The history of some of these big foundations and their anti-labor actions and coordination with CIA is fucked up. I think the recent Bezos news really helps in explaining why charity and philanthropy are bad. Last year, I tried to explain it to my partner, and she wasn't having any of it. Fast forward to using the Bezos example and its a lot more clear to her now.

I think there is a difference between volunteering and charity, and there are also some good organizations structured as 501c3 and some bad ones.

More nuanced than all charities are bad and all non-profits are part of the non-profit industrial complex.

I think there is a difference between volunteering and charity, and there are also some good organizations structured as 501c3 and some bad ones.

More nuanced than all charities are bad and all non-profits are part of the non-profit industrial complex.

Yeah, I'd agree. I'm sure a lot of the rad leftist org groups, Assata's Daughters for example, are organized as 501c3. Its more a criticism of the institution and how resources are still controlled by the white elite donor class. Money rarely reaches the groups doing real organizing work in a way that promotes self-determination.

I'll stop now unless yall want me to run out the chat thread with pages of RJ and I arguing about the Clinton Foundation.

That RJKarl guy is a weird dude. Is he a new poster here or has he just been flying under the radar ?

I'll stop now unless yall want me to run out the chat thread with pages of RJ and I arguing about the Clinton Foundation.

You acted like an ignorant RWer. Charity Navigator, the gold standard in rating charities, traced every penny ever given to the Clinton Foundation. But the truth and reality are as lonely in your world as in Trumpworld.

You acted like an ignorant RWer. Charity Navigator, the gold standard in rating charities, traced every penny ever given to the Clinton Foundation. But the truth and reality are as lonely in your world as in Trumpworld.

I was making a joke. I'm trying to be a chill bro in the chat thread. We don't need to debate this.

If you call someone a name MHB, you get treated the same way. Don't CRY about it. You are acting like no one else ever gotten RAPED on a bus. It's a sad fact, but it is a fact that it has happened.

Glad that my drunken political theory got the CT rolling this morning

Coincidentally today my kids are designing their own colonies in our class. One of the options is designing your own form of government. Its been fun day so far.

look at that, brasky all talk about igniting the revolution via the classroom and yet he's actually training young imperialists to be more effective colonizers

and says it's fun

Glad that my drunken political theory got the CT rolling this morning

Coincidentally today my kids are designing their own colonies in our class. One of the options is designing your own form of government. Its been fun day so far.

How long before you breakout Settlers of Catan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back