• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah everyone should know this country is fucked when you look at Lectro and realize there are more Lectros in the world than not, despite our safe space here.

Wonder if lectro and bsf would love each other or if they’d be threatened by the other vying for the title of craziest. They both want to wear that crown.

I think bsf is probably not a trumper anymore. He really was purely anti-Clinton. The election just broke him.

I think bsf is probably not a trumper anymore. He really was purely anti-Clinton. The election just broke him.

he started out that way, but I do recall towards election day he started to really love what Trump was saying (a lot of the globalist stuff), and how no president in his lifetime inspired him so.

my dog, apparently, b/c she fucking drops one under my desk and then slinks off to a different part of my office

Miranda's running for governor in New York state..

Thanks for saying New York state so I wouldn't get confused and think she was running for governor of New York City.

BTW, she already lost in the primary, badly.

Thanks for saying New York state so I wouldn't get confused and think she was running for governor of New York City.

BTW, she already lost in the primary, badly.
There are deeper valences to this joke! And such people in it! Should have gone with The Savage. Everybody remembers him.

Let me explain my hilariousness: the World *State* is the dystopian future civilization from Aldous Huxley's novel *Brave New World* and the reference with which most people associate with the phase you used to describe Chupe's dire fantasy of the future. But the reference derives from one of Shakespeare's shittest plays *The Tempest*, where it is spoken by a character named Miranda. I was going to add a "Miranda Rights" reference too, but I figured that was too much.

Make the chat thread great again, guys!

It derives etymologically from the name of historical figure Richie Valens. You should start using it, it's the bamba.

RIP

51mR-SrXiNL.jpg

Let me explain my hilariousness: the World *State* is the dystopian future civilization from Aldous Huxley's novel *Brave New World* and the reference with which most people associate with the phase you used to describe Chupe's dire fantasy of the future. But the reference derives from one of Shakespeare's shittest plays *The Tempest*, where it is spoken by a character named Miranda. I was going to add a "Miranda Rights" reference too, but I figured that was too much.

Make the chat thread great again, guys!

i kinda like The Tempest. It's short.

Because charity is easy. It gives you a good feeling and doesn't require you to examine your participation in a system that allows you to give some of your money away, while leaving others to be dependent upon it. It allows you to maintain your power, contributing to the oppression of others, while maintaining an idea that you're the "good guy."

and what gets funded is based on the whims of rich folks

income/wealth inequality statistics are staggering

alls I know is if biff can't run for school board then it's not a system of government I can support

CT really picking up steam today!

Here's something nobody cares about that really grinds my gears:

Started a new job a couple of months ago. Same job, new firm. I/We send out a lot of e-mails to clients. I've noticed a TON of my colleagues send out e-mails with "flagging" in the subject line. Like, "Flagging this for you" or "Wanted to flag this" or simply "Flagging". I've even seen a "FLAGGING" in all caps.

I fucking hate it, but so many of my co-workers do it (and I don't know who is normal and who is weird yet) that I can't criticize internally.

Stop with the god damned flagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back