• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistently surprised at how into the toniebox my girls are.

i guess it's just the ease of use
Right now he’s a little too young to really sit and listen (plus, his ADD), but he loves the novelty of hearing a Cookie Monster talk then Woody, Paw Patrol, etc. the one he sits calmly for the most is the Very Hungry Caterpillar one.

Today is April 5th, and I am about to give up on yardcare. Weeds are already coming through my new mulch, my grass seeds are not covering up my bare patches in back, but clover has been growing at a rapid rate. I have fescue in front, so its near impossible to get the roots of the weeds out. The wild onions are back or never left. It's a losing battle on all fronts.
We fought the DIY battle for a couple years and gave up once little Tiger was on the way. We pay $75 per weed/feed/etc treatment (I think 6x/year) and like $350 for aeration & seed. Feel a little less like a man, but the yard looks 10x better. My fescue front yard is currently US Open rough thick and gorgeous - only to eventually die in June/July because I refuse to water it daily.

We fought the DIY battle for a couple years and gave up once little Tiger was on the way. We pay $75 per weed/feed/etc treatment (I think 6x/year) and like $350 for aeration & seed. Feel a little less like a man, but the yard looks 10x better. My fescue front yard is currently US Open rough thick and gorgeous - only to eventually die in June/July because I refuse to water it daily.
yeah my yard looks great with professional guys on it - nice high cut and they just do weed and feed and aeration periodically

"Hey Tim, can you review this purchase order from the customer, its only 10 pages?"

10 page pdf, double columned, 8 pt font and not at all the right language for the type of thing we do.

"Sure, happy to help."

Today is April 5th, and I am about to give up on yardcare. Weeds are already coming through my new mulch, my grass seeds are not covering up my bare patches in back, but clover has been growing at a rapid rate. I have fescue in front, so its near impossible to get the roots of the weeds out. The wild onions are back or never left. It's a losing battle on all fronts.
Keep the clover!!

We had a yard crew for years because I would move to camp every summer from 2015-2020. Hired myself last year to afford another kid’s childcare with baby born in August. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Were throwing down some Turfgrass Water Conservation Alliance Water-Wise Bluegrass + clover in the backyard soon.

How do I kill a morning/afternoon in Georgetown?

How do I kill a morning/afternoon in Georgetown?
The campus is nice. Go for a walk on the waterfront. The C&O canal walk is doable as is rock creek. Oak Hill cemetery is serene. Get a quiche or baked good at Baked and Wired. Check out the Bourbon Concierge? Georgetown cupcake if you care. Unfortunately M Street and Wisconsin are no longer what they once were.

I'm sure you also have a state of the art sprinkler system. God I admire you.
my original post came out way douchier than i intended. i was trying to agree that my efforts to get a nice lawn were complete failure, but alas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back