• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does cancelling a dead president even mean? It's not like anyone is advocating that history classes stop teaching about these people.

I think it's more than reasonable to say that we should consider the full context of these people's lives, including their slave-ownership, as opposed to just making them American heroes that are above any nuanced criticism.

Clearly you are not a true patriot!!

(sarcasm)

See you DC nerds this fall for a wedding at the Lars Anderson house. Looks baller

Why are so many LinkedIn posts in this format? You can do longer paragraphs, or should just do shorter posts in general

"Your salary increase will be 2%," I told her. It was one of my worst moments as a people leader.

She was my star performer, my right hand person.

1000% business critical to our team. Yet 2% was the best our company would give her.

It was far beneath her value, and we both knew it, and I couldn't do better for her.

She was confused, angry, sad, disappointed, and visibly trapped by not knowing how to best respond in the moment.

After some silence, she eventually asked, "What do you think I should do differently?"

"I think you should look for a new job," I replied. "Because you gave us an incredible year and we gave you 2% for it. And you just can't build a life on that."

Two months later she landed a job somewhere else for 29% more than we were paying her.

It took me 5 months to find a replacement who would accept the salary my employer was willing to offer.

This experience always comes to mind when I encounter leaders perplexed/whining/angry about how often they lose employees.

In my opinion, you forfeit your right to be upset when someone leaves

If you weren't willing to give them good enough reasons to stay.

#management #sales #leadership #motivation #humanresources #bestadvice

My keurig has inexplicably begun providing randomly larger or smaller amounts of coffee on the same setting.

No I was not raptured so it didn’t happen and you’re safe

I can't get back into the swing of things from vacation. Missed my workout this am and feel like a giant lump of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back