• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayne.gif

me, I'm just here until somebody mentions how slow this CT is going so I can respond by pointing out that everyone's off posting on the real chat thread 219

got the FB alert that one of my dipshit friends used that app that CA used to steal data

people are idiots, man. it sort of astonishes me what people will click on to entertain them for a second or two. a couple of months ago my dad asked me to setup a scanner on his laptop, and I couldn't understand how it was running so slow. right afterwards, he's using it, and says to himself "wait, where do I find out who did it?" dude had somehow navigated to a sketchy clickbait site (probs from one of those unaffiliated CONTENT links on most news sites) with a bunch of pop-ups and was confused about the lack of content in the "story". I had to tell him to stop clicking on that sort of shit, and he didn't seem to get it, asked me "what, I can't read the news now?"

like christ, how did people become so fucking gullible and susceptible to that shit

my wife and I and our circles of family/friends avoided it, amazingly.

I think we're a little hard on people, honestly. We're the first generation of people to live through the internet and have to deal with these problems. Our kids will (should) be a lot smarter, and hopefully the industry will be better regulated.

I think we're a little hard on people, honestly. We're the first generation of people to live through the internet and have to deal with these problems. Our kids will (should) be a lot smarter, and hopefully the industry will be better regulated.

this. also how recently/if you've received higher education/critical thinking. also personality.

like no offense rsf but your dad doesn't scrutinize things a whole lot

like no offense rsf but your dad doesn't scrutinize things a whole lot

you don't gotta tell me that

dude bought into one of those phone cruise things (I hesitate to call it a scam, because after researching it does seem like they actually will take him on a cruise, but the whole thing is sketch as hell, and has a bunch of BBB complaints)

he also tried to tell me last night about how some antique cylinder phonograph he's had in the attic is worth 10 grand, and that it's worth more because it's dented (?)

when I said that to my mom, she told me he's full of shit, and they had it appraised at $500

this all came up because she wants to get rid of a shitty antique bookcase (that's missing the original wood front / glass doors and has some nails sticking out of it) and he think it's worth a ton of money. he went on for 5-10 minutes about that friggin' thing last night.

this all came up because she wants to get rid of a shitty antique bookcase (that's missing the original wood front / glass doors and has some nails sticking out of it) and he think it's worth a ton of money. he went on for 5-10 minutes about that friggin' thing last night.

So does he want to sell it, or save it for you/your sister?

what is a phone cruise thing

a plague on hard-lines... it was/is a robo-call offering a super sweet price on a cruise. usually starts off with a giant cruise-ship horn blasting your eardrum

we used to get them on our office voicemail almost every day

Last edited:
So does he want to sell it, or save it for you/your sister?

who the hell knows

I feel like we've both made pretty clear at this point that we don't want it

a plague on hard-lines... it was/is a robo-call offering a super sweet price on a cruise. usually starts off with a giant cruise-ship horn blasting your eardrum

we used to get them on our office voicemail almost every day

basically this. they have reps too, though!

I had them call the company with me on the line when this went down last year, and I yelled at the dude and his supervisor for a bit. they were basically just like "they agreed, tough titties"

Last edited:
I really do think RJ's getting stupider. What do you guys think ?

The reality is Biff is butt hurt that RJ refuses to acknowledge his existence and his obsession with RJ.

Hey, Biff, do you want RJ to take a video of taking a dump? It might be the highlight of your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back