• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
he also tried to tell me last night about how some antique cylinder phonograph he's had in the attic is worth 10 grand, and that it's worth more because it's dented (?)

when I said that to my mom, she told me he's full of shit, and they had it appraised at $500

this all came up because she wants to get rid of a shitty antique bookcase (that's missing the original wood front / glass doors and has some nails sticking out of it) and he think it's worth a ton of money. he went on for 5-10 minutes about that friggin' thing last night.

reminds me of On Bullshit.

gist of which is that liars know truth and obscure it; bullshitters don't care about true/false, just that listener identifies/changes their mind.

ha, my wife bought that for me as a bday gift when we first started dating. looking at it on my shelf in my office as we speak

For a team that sucks so much historically, we sure have a ton of early departures.

For a team that sucks so much historically, we sure have a ton of early departures.

Well our players do well in the pros despite our lack of postseason success.

Yet so many of our fans swear by our coaches.

Last edited:
Well our players do well in the pros despite our lack of offseason success.

Yet so many of our fans swear by our coaches.

I’m almost as loyal and optimistic fan as you will ever find, but I am so over it. It’s just a miserable program.

All this talk about Kenan is BS.

The the convo should be about how John Mulaney was a killer writer for SNL and the skits everyone liked were written by him (and Colin Jost(!)) and rejected almost a decade ago.

All this talk about Kenan is BS.

The the convo should be about how John Mulaney was a killer writer for SNL and the skits everyone liked were written by him (and Colin Jost(!)) and rejected almost a decade ago.

it can be two things

Best or worst college logo?

0965417001437272071_filepicker-1.jpg

Local celeb and host of UNCTV's North Carolina Bookwatch, DG Martin, just stopped in my library and I had to show him how to look shit up. I'm sure you all are pretty jealous. I was going to say something, but it would have been like "sometimes when I am home early I turn on the tv for background and take a nap, and I don't immediately switch from your show." Vassil Evtimov in here again, too. What a wild ride this library life is.

groovy. holding out for a GR mini-series adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back