• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like kate mckinnon but she's kind of a one note actor

Last time I said Kenan Thompson was one of the all-time bests, I got berated.

What's up with that is probably my favorite sketch of the past 10 years

love forte but this is a very hot take
I mean, I definitely like Forte better, but i'm also not being ridiculous and saying he belongs on the SNL Mt Rushmore. I can have personal favorites and still maintain perspective, unlike some people *cough* RSF *cough* who have a new all time favorite band every 6 months.

What's up with that is probably my favorite sketch of the past 10 years
I love that sketch. Jason Sudeikis doing the running man in the Adidas tracksuit always kills me. One of my favorite all time SNL sketches is actually one that didnt even make the show. In James Franco's documentary about SNL they are doing a read through of a sketch with John Malkovich and Will Forte where they are recording the jingle for 1-800-588-2300 Empire Carpet. Malkovich is singing the Empire Carpet jingle and Forte just keeps getting more furious and loud, berating Malkovich to sing the jingle over and over again.

the real question is kenan going to go down as the greatest sketch comic of all-time when he's done

p versatile but v v long career already

That James Franco SNL documentary isn't streaming anywhere anymore, but I found a host site. This is a shitty link, but if you have a pop up blocker it works. The Empire Carpet sketch table read is at the 35 minute mark. Bill Hader and Malkovich are both crying by the end

https://vidzi.tv/wp3hwsjvb8p7#.WtRCaMspCdO

I mean, I definitely like Forte better, but i'm also not being ridiculous and saying he belongs on the SNL Mt Rushmore. I can have personal favorites and still maintain perspective, unlike some people *cough* RSF *cough* who have a new all time favorite band every 6 months.
lol

Last time I said Kenan Thompson was one of the all-time bests, I got berated.

The last time this came up (probably two weeks ago after a what-we-had-for-breakfast conversation), everyone was saying the only thing Keenan had going for himself was longevity.

The last time this came up (probably two weeks ago after a what-we-had-for-breakfast conversation), everyone was saying the only thing Keenan had going for himself was longevity.

Usually you do your second rate comedy movies after your SNL run. Thompson has it backwards and doesn't know what to do.

Tip - don't watch old episodes of All That

The Oscars Family Feud sketch references this.

Usually you do your second rate comedy movies after your SNL run. Thompson has it backwards and doesn't know what to do.

Good Burger is a first rate comedy movie if you're under 15.

knucklepuck21.gif

Kenan is deceptively versatile. Goes from Lavar Ball to a Diner lobster to Rev. Jackson to a horrified bartender to a insane talk how host and knocks all of them out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back