• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
What. The. Fuck.

7c5b113c9d4ddebda081bf04508be2a4.jpg

bmoney, I'm not sure they've had a better bit than rick springfield's favorite color

Someone on Craigslist is selling a hot tub for $100 that they claim is in fine shape, just need it picked up tomorrow.

Hubby def got caught slaying a hoodrat in that hot tub, right?

You really need to watch Thursday's episode of Atlanta.

Ph, I finally watched this episode and holy fuck dude, that was amazing and your post was brilliant. Bravo sir.

I'm still processing that episode. This season of Atlanta has been fantastic. Who knew Donald Glover was so gifted at absurdist humor as a form of horror linked with social satire?

I watched that ep and was dazzled at the mind who wrote it. Just...wow. That was one of the best episodes of any tv show I’ve ever seen.

Also, it’s basically a stand-alone episode, so you dinguses who have never even seen the show could watch and enjoy.

Mulaney has never really impressed me but last night’s SNL was probably one of the best of the season. I can’t think of a real dud.

I think the writing has improved significantly over the last few years. McKinnon is a GOAT contender, Heidi Gardner is a up and coming star, and the rest are solid to good in their type of roles. But what has made the show more watchable is quality writing. There were plenty of eps in the 90s and 00s with great talent and horrible writing.

Last edited:
Mulaney has never really impressed me but last night’s SNL was probably one of the best of the season. I can’t think of a real dud.

I think the writing has improved significantly over the last few years. McKinnon is a GOAT contender, Heidi Gardner is a up and coming star, and the rest are solid to good in their type of roles. But what has made the show more watchable is quality writing. There were plenty of eps in the 90s and 00s with great talent and horrible writing.

Honestly I think getting the “stars” out of the cast has really helped too. For too long everything was written to include Heder, Wiig, and Armison to a fault. IMO, SNL is so much better as a real ensemble.

That's a good point. McKinnnon is a star but she's not jammed into every sketch and she's not always the focus of the sketches she's in.

Alex Moffat is really coming into his own. He's great at playing the smarmy entitled white guy.

Pretty hyped for Donald Glover/Childish Gambino on May 5.

Mulaney definitely had a hand in writing those sketches. He’s such a brilliant comedian and SNL was great last night. New Netflix special on May 1.

That's a good point. McKinnnon is a star but she's not jammed into every sketch and she's not always the focus of the sketches she's in.

Sorta weird that you mention that. This is the reason McKinnon is starting to wear thin with me. She's doing impressions of basically every female in the White House at this point (plus Sessions), and those impressions are starting to merge together as either (a) crazy lady or (b) old lady. That would be fine if the writing could cover her, but the writers seem too often to just mark time for "Kate to go crazy" in her sketches. It's the same problem the show found itself in with Wiig.

I like McKinnon, and she's on SNL Mt Rushmore for sure, but they need to use her a bit more judiciously.

Agree with RSF. McKinnon is overexposed. I don't really like the show anyway.

Sorta weird that you mention that. This is the reason McKinnon is starting to wear thin with me. She's doing impressions of basically every female in the White House at this point (plus Sessions), and those impressions are starting to merge together as either (a) crazy lady or (b) old lady. That would be fine if the writing could cover her, but the writers seem too often to just mark time for "Kate to go crazy" in her sketches. It's the same problem the show found itself in with Wiig.

I like McKinnon, and she's on SNL Mt Rushmore for sure, but they need to use her a bit more judiciously.

Top 4 cast member ever?

Heidi Gardner's great, btw, and I'm glad the show is pushing her more into the mix.

Ph, when you say Mulaney's "never really impressed you," what have you seen from him? His standup is phenomenal-- the monologue last night was mostly taken straight from his new special. His sketchwriting was always lauded as being great, and obviously he was responsible for Stefon.

This is one of my favorite bits of his:

I think Phil Hartman is the definite #1. After that, I think Will Ferrell is probably on the list. The last two spots are definitely up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back