• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I’m chairing a thesis proposal defense tomorrow. I’m very excited.

yeah i go sometimes twice a day at work

don b nervous

big day here. i don't disagree with ITC. although I'm optimistic that he can somehow disagree with me on this point to keep the streak alive

big day here. i don't disagree with ITC. although I'm optimistic that he can somehow disagree with me on this point to keep the streak alive

giphy.gif

I matched with this woman on Tinder a few years ago, after being in Winston bored at my Dad's and increasing my range to like 100 miles. She was in Galax. She was getting all hot and bothered that I liked Nabokov (check her Lolita tattoo) She wanted to drive to Chapel Hill to hang out on my couch, but I thought that would be weird (she also had a small child at the time), so I declined. Then she wanted to meet up in Winston randomly on a weeknight to party and I also declined. Now she is getting written up in the Times, playing at Duke, having her album streamed on NPR and shit. Good times. I think she's married now anyway.

https://dukeperformances.duke.edu/events/music-in-the-gardens-dori-freeman/

Having a lolita tattoo as a woman is a bit weird. Having it as a dude is probably way more concerning though.

I matched with this woman on Tinder a few years ago, after being in Winston bored at my Dad's and increasing my range to like 100 miles. She was in Galax. She was getting all hot and bothered that I liked Nabokov (check her Lolita tattoo) She wanted to drive to Chapel Hill to hang out on my couch, but I thought that would be weird (she also had a small child at the time), so I declined. Then she wanted to meet up in Winston randomly on a weeknight to party and I also declined. Now she is getting written up in the Times, playing at Duke, having her album streamed on NPR and shit. Good times. I think she's married now anyway.

https://dukeperformances.duke.edu/events/music-in-the-gardens-dori-freeman/

Does she still have the child or was that a temporary thing?

Still has the child, I think; I just imagine it is a little bigger at this point — not so small.

However, I will say that people from SW Virginia are generally some weird ladies and gentlemen.

I don't think it was the first...maybe second? I think "Bend Sinister" was before that but I haven't read it. I don't usually bother myself with biographical details.

looked it up: third

The Real Life of Sebastian Knight (1941)
Bend Sinister (1947)
Lolita (1955)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back