• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think people get defensive about stupid questions coming from a blatantly uninformed contrarian mindset, but to each their own i guess

why are my questions stupid? i asked why I should see the movie and y'all jumped on me from the get. you're still doing it! now i'm uneducated and contrarian!

why are my questions stupid? i asked why I should see the movie and y'all jumped on me from the get. you're still doing it! now i'm uneducated and contrarian!

because it's intellectually dishonest

you sort of proved with #893 that you're not interested in finding out whether or not the movie is good

Yeah. I enjoyed the last time Marvel made a period piece about a soldier who gained incredible powers and fought in a war, so I’ll go see Captain Marvel in March.

I enjoyed both times Marvel made films about cocky wealthy New Yorkers who suffered debilitating injuries and used tech/magic to overcome them, realized the error of their ways, and became heroes in the process.

I enjoyed both films about princes wielding weapons of mysterious metal fighting a relative for the throne of their secluded land.

If I like what they’re doing, why stop watching? They’re making critically acclaimed films that make tons of cash and they’re all connected to each other. Appreciate the degree of difficulty if not anything else. If it was as easy as you seem to think, everyone else would do it.

Infinity War made money in North America in one weekend than Justice League made in its entire run.

I "sort of proved" that ITC took the conversation there immediately after I asked my question.

Yeah. I enjoyed the last time Marvel made a period piece about a soldier who gained incredible powers and fought in a war, so I’ll go see Captain Marvel in March.

I enjoyed both times Marvel made films about cocky wealthy New Yorkers who suffered debilitating injuries and used tech/magic to overcome them, realized the error of their ways, and became heroes in the process.

I enjoyed both films about princes wielding weapons of mysterious metal fighting a relative for the throne of their secluded land.

If I like what they’re doing, why stop watching? They’re making critically acclaimed films that make tons of cash and they’re all connected to each other. Appreciate the degree of difficulty if not anything else. If it was as easy as you seem to think, everyone else would do it.

Infinity War made money in North America in one weekend than Justice League made in its entire run.

I don't think they're easy to make, but I appreciate this post.

eh, you're projecting criticisms on kory a bit here. in his defense, I don't think he'd argue that the MCU is easy, and he sure as shit doesn't care about Justice League

I just think that if the question he's asking is "why is this movie worth seeing, given my skepticism of sequels and the rest of the MCU?" then the question is pretty easily answered by people who are paid to give opinions on it that are independent of the rest of the MCU, rather than ask people here and then discount their opinions for being fans of the franchise.

eh, you're projecting criticisms on kory a bit here. in his defense, I don't think he'd argue that the MCU is easy, and he sure as shit doesn't care about Justice League

I just think that if the question he's asking is "why is this movie worth seeing, given my skepticism of sequels and the rest of the MCU?" then the question is pretty easily answered by people who are paid to give opinions on it that are independent of the rest of the MCU, rather than ask people here and then discount their opinions for being fans of the franchise.

Eh. Generally I prefer to discuss films with peeps instead of reading public-facing reviews. I enjoy the dialogue over a set-piece review.

I get it though. I'll just use those sites for comic book movie advice.

I definitely do not care about Justice League.

It was just a comparison to show the degree of difficulty for Marvel.

If you can make it through 19 Wake basketball games, you can bother to watch the 19th Marvel film.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

why does that matter if the resulting material is good? plenty of artistic endeavors are the result of recycling themes and styles not to mention a rigorous and systematized creative process

not SHAKESPEARE

My issue with the marvel movies is that Game of Thrones changed the game. There, anyone can die at anytime. In the Marvel movies its 1) introduce bad guy 2) make him seem unbeatable 3) beat him. I need a Marvel Red Wedding.

my favorite Shakespeare play is the one where all the characters in the Shakespeare Folio Universe (SFU) come together to question the meaning of life through the legal trial of a prince accused of assassinating the king after he reads a prophecy about two star-crossed lovers who are shipwrecked after a bear gets loose on their trip across the channel to reclaim the throne.

too bad he never got to resolve the cliffhanger though.

weird how defensive people get about their marvel movies

almost like you're questioning their identity

like they've been interpellated or something

are they entertainment or a way of life?

Maybe taste is taste?

i mean, i know we revere the guy now but billy shakes cranking out plays for the masses for a buck is about as close to a studio franchise system as you can get

i mean, i know we revere the guy now but billy shakes cranking out plays for the masses for a buck is about as close to a studio franchise system as you can get

is this a joke? shakespeare plays aren't nearly as recombinant as the recurring and interwoven characters and settings of penny dreadfuls, dime novels, and pulp fiction.

i'm not trying to argue that he's the most original playwright or anything, but at least hamlet didn't walk through richard ii for a cup of coffee; juliet didn't defend antonio in merchant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back