• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real answer: I don’t really know. So not sure if that says more about me or the profession after 13 years. But there are so many specializations these days, I also don’t think you can reduce it to one set of criteria for the entire group.

Real answer: I don’t really know. So not sure if that says more about me or the profession after 13 years. But there are so many specializations these days, I also don’t think you can reduce it to one set of criteria for the entire group.

lets start with the easy ones:

1. masterful knowledge of the dewey decimal system
2. a disapproving look that can crush souls

My look is pretty finely tuned. It needs to be with all the dirty noisy undergrads that come through here. Though at this point it may be more like a "just kill me now and put me out of my misery" look, than a "make one more noise and you will get skewered" look.

my elementary school librarian used to make a mouse out of a handkerchief and had it out during story time

i assume chupe does the same

this is amazing:

Reminds me of moonz favorite gif

giphy.gif

if you liked that first yodel adventure, you're sure to dig this more modern take:

The very best librarians are the quiet, mousy ones with glasses and their hair pinned up, because you know that they let loose in the sack.

Seriously though, this is the best librarian and the one El Chupe aspires to be:

latest

Hello CT! Long time no see. Life update:

-Got engaged in Sonoma last September.
-Took my fiancée to Tulum in November for her birthday. Amazing place but quickly becoming mainstream travel destination it seems.
-Bought a house in Durham in January. Other than proximity to Duke, Durham is a pretty awesome city these days.
-Did sailing charter in Belize in February. Super awesome country. Highly recommended as a vacation destination. Barrier reef was incredible and swimming with sea turtles was a highlight of the trip.
-Just this week accepted a new job doing middle market lending in Durham for the big bank overlords. We will be relocating from Boston in late May/early June. Very excited to be back home and catch some Deacs football this fall!

Reactions: ITK
Hello CT! Long time no see. Life update:

-Got engaged in Sonoma last September.
-Took my fiancée to Tulum in November for her birthday. Amazing place but quickly becoming mainstream travel destination it seems.
-Bought a house in Durham in January. Other than proximity to Duke, Durham is a pretty awesome city these days.
-Did sailing charter in Belize in February. Super awesome country. Highly recommended as a vacation destination. Barrier reef was incredible and swimming with sea turtles was a highlight of the trip.
-Just this week accepted a new job doing middle market lending in Durham for the big bank overlords. We will be relocating from Boston in late May/early June. Very excited to be back home and catch some Deacs football this fall!

you bought a house in Durham while living/working in Boston?

damn

NYC Deacs, what is the best online resource for finding cultural happenings around town?

you bought a house in Durham while living/working in Boston?

damn

Yep but we bought the house with the specific plan of wanting to be in NC by mid 2019. It just ended up happening more quickly than we expected. Wasn’t sure how long it would take me to find a job I liked there. It has definitely been a big (and expensive) undertaking but the house fit exactly what we wanted so we didn’t want to pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back