• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to New York. Pretty pumped.

Enjoy! Doing anything in particular?

Probably just going to get stoned and listen to Dick's Picks 18 over and over again. And watch old Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly youtubes.

Jelly as I have to pass a drug test soon.

:bowrofl:
besides 3 ways? going to figure 8 for the weekend.

I don't know what this but good luck!

I'm hanging with doofus and watching my Caps in the Eastern Conference Finals (still feels weird to type that) Friday evening. The docket Saturday includes Putters and baking in the sun while watching Wake Tennis.

That sounds pretty chill to me.

Driving to spend Mother’s Day with the in-laws. Going to take the kids to a city park with a sweet water play area that I only found out about because Trump gave a speech there.

So he's done one good thing for you?

giphy.gif

We support our close friends and their kids and they support ours.

Granted, it's middle school, but our friends are going with us to my son's band concert tonight.

Would be p sweet to tailgate for your kids band concert

Seems super strange to invite a childless non-relative to a kid's event.

I mean we're close enough that I was there in the hospital a day or two after birth. But I've yet to be invited to anything like that as she's like 6, but if I were, I'd feel bad saying no.

I defs have friends in my life where I'd be much more interested in seeing their kids do things than any of the children under 12 that I'm related to.

I defs have friends in my life where I'd be much more interested in seeing their kids do things than any of the children under 12 that I'm related to.

But wouldn't you be more interested in doing something with the friends that doesn't involve sitting in silence for hours?

I’m among the many Royal Wedding enthusiasts in DC excited to celebrate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming wedding. I’m even hosting my own viewing party. After hearing about Pop-Up Bar DC’s Royal Pop-Up and seeing local media coverage of their drink specials and other themed items, I was looking forward to stopping by this week. That is, until I read the drink menu and saw the “When Harry Met Megan” cocktail consisting of Monkey Shoulder Scotch, Ginger, Banana, and Lemon —https://popupbardc.com/menu/.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-10-at-10.51.11-AM.jpg

I am at a loss for words on my feelings about the racial overtones of the ingredients in this drink. I have showed the menu to several people of different racial backgrounds and the reaction is the same–complete disgust and disbelief that an establishment in DC could be so blatantly racist and hateful. It’s crystal clear that in this racist bad “joke” the monkey and banana are meant to refer to Meghan and the ginger to refer to Harry. I find no humor in it at all. I simply can’t believe in today’s environment of racial discourse that this is simply an act of ignorance. It is explicit racism written right there in black and white (or actually white and blue…maybe they thought the floral patterns and soft hues would disguise their overt, blinding racist words. Another drink further down the menu, called the “American Princess,” calls for blackcurrent liqueur–no doubt this is also a not so subtle reference to the stereotype “the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.” I understand that this must be their take on a Bramble, which is an English drink–but seriously, name it for any other person in the royal family or other thing attributed to the UK. Finally, the bar’s “Lions and Unicorns” drink is made with “Plantation dark rum” and milk.

This cannot stand.”

brooklyn nine-nine just got canceled and i want the people who made that decision to pay dearly for this

i have never been angrier at anything in my entire adult life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back