• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a week and a half until Boston/NH/Cape vacay for my aunt's 70th. It's the only place I ever go on vacation anymore. She bought 20 tickets to the Red Sox/Braves game next Friday -- I think we may have some extras. I also think I'm going to quit socializing with people, so I kind of want to propose moving into my aunt's Cape house, getting some part time Cape public library bookshelving gig, or helping with the cranberry bog behind her place during the season, and just going up to Boston for shows and weekends and stuff, occasionally. I wonder if she would be receptive to my complete lack of ambition and wanting to drift through life. I bet cranberry bog work is pretty intensive, I may need to reconsider. Maybe I can just work the bar on whale boat tours.

Cranberry bogs are a human invention. Not naturally occurring. Same with libraries.

Since you like history, you should try to do the Fenway Park tour. It's fun.

I saw some headline the other day that said something like people should not work more than three days a week when they turn 40, and I am all about that shit. I've got one more year in me and then it's time to start winding down.

Since you like history, you should try to do the Fenway Park tour. It's fun.

When I was a kid I did a tour of the old Garden -- it was pretty sweet. Randomly ran into my tour guide two weeks later in Bar Harbor. Not even the oddest coincidental running into happening on that trip. Ran into some Winston folks at whose daughter's wedding I had just performed when I was walking out of a Ben and Jerrys on the same trip.

You should also consider going to the Boston harbor since you like history

So we have the baseball stadium and the Harbor. Anything else of historical significance in that fair city I should check out? Yah/Nah?

I definitely want to walk by the Fort Hill Community where Mel Lyman used to have his cult and some of the community are still there. Wild shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Lyman

Freedom Trail tour of whatever it's called is pretty cool. Lots of the original buildings where things happened during the Revolution.

Whoa. THE Revolution? Need to know more about this. Was this a recent thing? And I missed it. The one time I could see those capitalist pigs get their comeuppance. I must have been pretty stoned that day.

I've done most of the Boston history/touristy things actually, I was just messing around. JFK Library was a good little museum. I wanted to go to the Ted Kennedy next door but it was closed for a private event.

I will say that I went to Lexington and Concord (or that area) a few years ago, and man, I was just standing there and I could feel the vibes, like, some serious shit went down right where I was standing. It was palpable.

Word. Just a couple miles from my aunt's AND just a couple miles from the Cochituate Standpipe, the Fort Hill Community's fortress tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back